1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dual wield weapon combinations

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by clever handle, Jul 16, 2019.

1. clever handle

clever handle Well-Known Member

A Kiel-Saan in inactive-symbio state (and maybe there's other options...), retains the dual wield skill but drops from PH14 to PH12. Were they to find themselves in melee would they be able to utilize the dual wield skill to combine the effects of their DA CCW and their Heavy Pistol?

2. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Yes, applying the fixed damage of the Heavy Pistol as well as the two ARM saves caused by DA.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  4. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Not quite. I refer you to the CC attack section:
    • By declaring a CC Attack, troopers automatically draw their CC Weapons. If they have more than one CC Weapon in their profile, they can choose which ones to use. When declaring a CC Attack players can only use those weapons with the CC Trait.
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/CC_Attack

ALL the CC Weapons listed have the CC trait. Pistols, like Heavy Pistols, have the CC trait. The term, 'CC weapons', as presented in context of CC attack, refers to weapons with CC trait.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Like in my reference, a CC Weapon is defined as a "full sized melee weapon" and each part of the rules give exhaustive list of CC Weapons added by the rules as they are added.

I do not think that CC Attack skill gives sufficient permission to regard knives or pistols as CC Weapons as it only refers to that soldiers draw CC Weapons. All I think it does is cast doubt on whether troopers with CC Weapons are allowed to declare CC Attacks using their pistols. Simply put a case of where the rules are needlessly verbose.

6. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

There is also the fact that Dual Wield only allows you to combine the "effects of the Special Ammunitions of two different CC Weapons." DAM is not part of that anyway.

chromedog and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  7. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I think it's because in the case of Pistols, they aren't actually CC weapons but Ranged weapons but in CC, they can be regarded as CC weapons from the rules perspective. Whereas CC weapons on the CC weapon list can ONLY be regarded as CC weapons (with the exception of thrown CCW).
    If that's the case, there's nothing holding you back from using them with Dual-Wield.

@ijw Do you have any input on the matter?

I'm open to both interpretations, I just want to know how to play it.

8. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

I'd say the name need to have CC weapon or CCW to be considered one, pistols CC trait say they can be used in CC, not that they are a CC weapon. A trench hammer wound't be a CC weapon, but a vorpal CCW would. However if you use vorpal as a thrown weapon you are not using CC attack so no double wield.
    But yep, it's not formally defined so, let's wait for @ijw

chromedog and Zewrath like this.
  9. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Section9, DukeofEarl, Zewrath and 2 others like this.
  10. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

Ok, so it is formally defined. Perfect then.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation