1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Shot, Disposable and Bonus Burst

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Iver, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Iver

Iver Human Plus

Hey,

I was recently informed of a strange interaction that works with certain units such as a linked Rudra Mine Dispenser or the new Bit and KISS Pitcher(+1 Burst).which has the Disposable and Double Shot traits.

The Disposable rule saying that shooting a disposable weapon with extra burst from linkteams eating up two disposable shots, and Double Shot that allows for fireing only one of the user's disposable rounds off at a time.

Can it really be true that you can choose to fire only one of the disposable rounds with Double Shot and get the extra burst from other sources? Doesn't seem to follow the spirit of the rule very much.

2. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Double Shot and the link team burst bonus rule each specifies that it uses up one of the user's disposable uses. Only a native +1B on the unit profile (such as a Long Ya's panzerfaust and flammenspeer) doesn't fall into this category and so arguably only uses up disposable charge each time you declare the weapon's use (note: this is an open question and waiting for resolution).

I'm not exactly following what you're asking with your example above but there's no way for the Rudras to get extra mines. The only burst modifiers it has access to (double shot, link bonus) all consume uses of the disposable trait.

Ayaxs, toadchild and inane.imp like this.
  3. RobertShepherd

Just to break down the full interaction:

Disposable: a charge is consumed each time you declare the use of the weapon or skill. There are no other restrictions other than what the declaration of use allows for (e.g. declaring Place Deployable only lets you place one deployable, whereas declaring a normal BS Attack with KISS's pitcher lets you fire two shots).

Doubleshot: gives +1B, but using the extra burst will consume an extra disposable charge. You cannot doubleshot without full disposable charges.

Link bonus: gives +1B, but using the extra burst will consume an extra disposable charge. (The language is a little less clear here because of the translation from N3 but similarly, but it would be a stretch to say that you can fire two shots from a panzerfaust with one shot remaining if you're linked.)

There are two possible ways to read this: one is that the rules for doubleshot and links are reminders for a rule implicit to the Disposable trait, and that firing a B2 pitcher represents declaring the use of the Pitcher twice. The other is that Doubleshot and the Link bonuses are exceptions to the base Disposable rules (and that doubleshot exists for this reason - otherwise it's just another way of describing a B2 disposable weapon so has no reason to exist).

I personally favour the second interpretation, but not with any massive certainty. It's an FAQ candidate for sure.

Ayaxs and inane.imp like this.
  4. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Just out of interest, where is "double shot" coming from? I can see +1B but not "double shot" on the profile - didn't even know it was a thing!

5. RobertShepherd

It's a weapon trait - mine dispensers and chest mines both have it.

WiT? likes this.
  6. Iver

Iver Human Plus

Sorry, i should not be asking questions here at 3am when my brain is mush and i'm too tired to looking up my own facts.

There's not any question about the Rudra not being able to get 4 mines off with its mine dispenser. I realize that now after a cup of coffee and a good nights sleep.

The interaction with Bit and KISS is strange though. That should get a FAQ sometime.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation