1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dissapointing units

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Natsymir, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Natsymir

Natsymir Well-Known Member

While a lot got amazing boosts in N4, some things got hit hard by the nerf stick...perhaps a bit too hard. And others are just as worthless as ever. What units did you hope N4 would improve, that in the end are still something that's disappointing or mediocre? Here's some thoughts:

Hassassin Govads - still worthless. To add insult to injury, there's now a BS 13, MSV2, AP Marksman Rifle, Wildcard for 25 pts in Bahram and Vanilla...so the Govads have even less of a role to fill than ever before.

Ghazi Muttawi'ah - okay, I'll still be using them occasionally, sure, but how come they got nerfed so hard, while things like the Taigha creatures didn't get nerfed at all? Couldn't the E/Marat and Jammer versions at least have gotten to keep their smoke grenades? Like, why is a Kum biker and a chain rifle Ghazi the same point cost?

Naffatun - not only can't they burn away ODD and impersonation any longer, they also didn't decrease in price - unlike Ghulams, who now also have direct templates. So why would I ever take Naffatuns?

Lasiq - while almost everything else got cheaper, these guys are the same price as before, despite the fact that Viral ammo got significantly worse (it doesn't override Shock immunity any longer).

Hussein al-Djabel - While the Fiday got 5 points cheaper, which seem well-deserved, this guy just dropped 2 pts. What does he get for costing 8 points more than a Fiday now? Not enough, I'd say.

Hassassin Hussam Yasbir - still worthless. He's just way too fragile for his cost.

And last but not least:

Mukthar w. MSV2 and red fury - why no nerf? This profile is still so crazy good that I feel I have to include it in every single list, and that's boring.

the huanglong likes this.
  2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Lasiq picked up an extra 2 inches of MOV, so that might explain it. Naffatun are in a real weird place right now.

#2 the huanglong, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Crit changes represent a double-nerf to a Mukhtar. It's both more likely to die against enemy AROs now (very easy to take two wounds from a combi rifle crit if you're ARM1) and much harder to do damage to enemy hard targets (and impossible in the case of a jotum in cover). Basically, the game changed around it in ways that make it good-but-not-great. Especially since in Vanilla it's now competing with things like an Asawira AP spitfire.

4. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Because Corvus Belli is personally taunting you.

RasPuto, Cabaray, Solar and 1 other person like this.
  5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Because the equivalent Kum Biker can't one-shot a TAG in one go.

Also:
    Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 12.04.43.png

Naffatûn have never been able to burn off Impersonation, unless the target was already revealed, in which case they probably died anyway.

They still have Continuous Damage so can potentially kill anything without Immunity (Total). They also have either higher Damage and a larger Template than a Ghulam, or have Grenades in the 'Targeted is really easy to inflict and is persistent' edition.

Which is overall a decrease in price, because all MI paid for having their second MOV value increased. And no, Viral no longer bypasses Immunity (Shock), but it can now potentially one-shot a TAG if you crit. They also gained an FO option and lost the SWC penalty for +1 Damage.

And some of the options did get cheaper.

*laughs in 'BS Attack (Continuous Damage)' and higher BS*

And in CC he's hitting with Dam16 Viral instead of DAM14 DA or AP, which really matters against tougher targets.

He's a bit bland, but he's still adding a lot of unexpected CC ability to any Fireteam.

Goonhammer, WarHound, Urobros and 2 others like this.
  6. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

May I ask why CB decided that Fasid not having a Shock Immunity is intended? I got my own explanation prepped up but I'd like to hear what people say.

7. KwarkyMats

KwarkyMats Well-Known Member

I assume Army still needs to be updated with this? Because that makes Hussein amazing carrying bootleg flame ammo in his rifle and shotgun!

Yeah I still say it's a bug. Every other two wound infantry has shock immunity. The Al Fasid is the last troop I'd expect not to have shock immunity if it was a thing for heavy infantry at all.

8. ijw

It’s a bug.

9. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

The more games I play the more I am considering the e/marat Ghazi profiles. There's something about two saves at half BTS with no cover that makes it feel a pretty reliable threat.

BrianJ, Xeurian, sackofowls and 2 others like this.
  10. ijw

Sorry, I missed this. Yes, Army still needs to be updated.

11. KwarkyMats

KwarkyMats Well-Known Member

The Al Fasid just got fixed in army, the big man's got his shock immunity back.
    Some other notable things for Haqqislam: Daylami panzerfausts now cost 0 SWC.
    Hakims get an extra burst on their medikit and are also 0 SWC. New medikit rules state that you recover from unconscious as long as one PH roll makes it, so this is a nice buff. You'll lose out on rerolling, but it's a decent way to recover our high physical units.

Cabaray, sackofowls, Xeurian and 5 others like this.
  12. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

So finally it makes sense, that camo and non camo Daylami cost the same.
    Edit: Scratch the above...both cost 0 SWC now.

The burst thing for the medkit is fluffy little buff and saving swc is always nice.

#12 emperorsaistone, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Brokenwolf likes this.
  13. Sojourne

Sojourne Irregular

I really like the Hakims double Medkit. It’s so cinematically fluffy and incredibly niche. When you’re getting desperate and tight on orders, he comes in and does some long range double medkit (5s on 2 dice up to 24) shot to get a pivotal unit with decent PH such as a Fiday or Tarik back up or something.

KwarkyMats, ijw and Brokenwolf like this.
  14. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

What source of continuous damage does Al Djabel have for shooting? All I see on his profile is BS Attack (Shock) and rifle+lsg.

15. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

Not even just high PH. The roll is flat PH and you only need to pass one roll.

I had a Kaauri Sentinel become an auto doc because his medikit is B2.

Hold the hakims back then bring him on to burst people back to life.

16. ijw

The master spreadsheet of unit data, and double-checking it with Interruptor. Unfortunately Army still hasn't been updated for Al Djabel. :-(

ambisinister and Brokenwolf like this.
  17. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

Well hot damn. I never really cared for him before when compared to taking Fidays with mines, but that plus everything else makes him much more competitive.

18. Fenrir

Fenrir Well-Known Member

Alfasid are still buged 45 and 53 points.

19. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

No one mentioned Namurrs?

And about Naffatuns - played many many games with them and never used grenades. I think that they got grenades in N3 only to keep the price at the same points as Ghulam.
    That's what makes it even weirder now.

They and Ghulam were the cheapest regular Line Infantry in Haqq, taken into armylists for the cost mostly. And making one of the units 1 pt more expensive makes it far less playable, sadly.

When Vulkan Shotgun made his way into N3 I was dreaming of getting one in Haqq, especially on some infiltrator. I've seen it with my mind's eyes as the impact template burns through Steel Phalanx fireteams, destroying their ODD and crippling their army...
    Now, in the days of N4, that vision is less beautiful with the nerfs to "fire". Still I'd gladly take BS Attack (continuous damage) on Djabel. Shock has it's perks, but with so many Immunity (Shock) I think CD can be better.
    And I see it as a quite funny way to deal with all those new NWI Shock Immune units. Some of them have high BS or some Martial Arts or Berserk and it can be better to shoot them from far away, preferably with rifle and in the back, and watch them fail one ARM roll after another ;) Definitely should be easier for Djabel to take out for example Kornak Gazarot with rifle and Continuous Damage, than with CC.

Shoot what can stab you and stab what can shoot you ;)

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Errhile likes this.
  20. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

Whats the beef with Namurrs?

They didn't lose anything as far as I can see, got 1pt cheaper and gained +2CC (or dubious use I grant you but still a gain).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation