1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disengament FAQ

Discussion in 'Rules' started by tox, Sep 13, 2018.

1. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Sorry guys... I don't understand this entry... https://aristeiathegame.com/blog/item/560-aristeia-faqs-updated

Q: When making a Face to Face Roll to Disengage, what happens if I Displace myself with the effect of a Switch and end up adjacent to another Enemy? If the Roll is successful, could I move a space without having to Disengage this new enemy, or would I have to Disengage a second time without having moved? If I have to disengage a second time without moving, would I be forced to move 2 Spaces if I succeed with my second Disengage?

A: The successful result when Disengaging forces you to move the Character that disengages, then the disengaged model must declare this mandatory movement and will have to make a new Face to Face Roll to Disengage the second model. If it’s successful again, the Disengaging Character must move only once.

2. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I agree that the explanation is confusing. If the face to face roll for the disengaging character gives a :2: that is not countered by a :1: then disengaging is successful and the moving character must move at least one space. I think that this issue comes up for characters such as Gata, 8 Ball and Hexxer that have general switches that allows them to displace themselves on a dice roll which may not have given an unblocked :2:. My interpretation is that since switches go first they can indeed displace themselves. However since they failed the disengage roll they have lost all the movement points for which they had spent the 2 point movement action. However if they have energy points remaining they can try a subsequent disengage roll. Remember you never have to declare which space you are moving into but if you are successful you must move at least one space.

3. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

This is the case:

[​IMG]

8-Ball is Disengaging and he activates his Switch to Displace himself. As he was successful at Disengaging, he must move one place, but, again, he must Disengage due to Adjacent Parvati. So he must roll Face-to-Face again, and if it is a sucessful Roll, 8-Ball will move one place, not two.

4. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

So, if i want to Displace with a Switch, the Disengage roll is discarded.

Can we have a full extended example?
    8-Ball has a :Q: of :,::,:. His Dispacement Swicth has a :1::3: cost.
    Max has a :R: of :*::-: + :): for Parvatii assistance
    Parvatii has a :R: of :-:

8-Ball spends a Movement Point and declare a Disengage from "space 1".
    For sake pf simplicity we'll not add any Tactics to the rolls.
    Maximus does not score any :1: while 8-Ball scores :2: + :2::1::3:.

What happens now?
    "Resolve Displacement to "space 2" (the one near Parvatii). He lose the "Disengagement move" but can continue his activation" seems to be the meaning of the FAQ, but i'm not sure...

Or within the SAME Movement Point spent i can roll a new Disengament to exit "space 2"?

You really lost me there...

If there was no Parvatii and 8-Ball got the same results, would he get BOTH the free move AND the Displacement? In what order do I resolve them?

5. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

8-Ball Displace himself due to his Switch. At the Resolution of the Roll, as it was sucessful:
    Then, he must move (as he declared previously), but, again, he must Disengage to do it 'cos of Parvati. So this is another Face-to-Face Roll.

6. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

This is all at the cost of the "original" Movement Point spent, right?

This can bring a model like Gata or Hexxer to move A (parking) LOT with a single Movement point!

7. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Right. A little risky, anyway. But this is one of the strengths of 8-Ball.

:wink:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation