1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disclosing tri-core skill

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Thaddius, May 9, 2019.

1. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

Situation came up that was a bit weird. Seeking some clarification. Are you obligated to tell the type of link bonus a link team receives or just that people are in link teams.

So a taagma (tri-core) disguised itself as a kriigel in a triag. I believe RAW you only have to disclose who is in the link team but do you have to say what bonus you have unless asked?

2. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

there is no such thing like "unless asked" because if something is asked it then falls under two answer : you cannot ask that, you can ask that. Anything that goes in the second case has to be voluntarily given (unless it is obvious and the other player likely knows it ; or can look it up on your courtesy list). Example of second case is "my model has PH10 ARM0 BTS0" is info you can hold off on giving out, to speed up play. While "this model has 2 mines left" is something you should be disclosing.

As for BS MOD, those can only be revealed when they are being calculated. So "Will this Krigel have a +3 BS if he eventually shoots ?", is not an info they can ask or you have to answer. Once he does shoot, then when you calculate the MOD, then you can share what the MOD happen to be.

3. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

I think the weirdness would only be if the spiral player is going 2nd and disguises taagma as something else. When do you put the tricore marker down. It says it's seperate to think link leader marker so could you wait for an Aro to be provoked or till you first active turn when you decide to activate the bonus?

toadchild likes this.
  4. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

It's optional, so you place the marker when you decide to use the skill. Since you're using Holo 1, the fact the skill is public is irrelevant as you're disclosing the public info for the Kriigel you're disguised as instead.

Savnock, Robock, xagroth and 3 others like this.
  5. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

The four member fireteam bonus is Sixth Sense L2. In order to use that, you have to place the Tri-Core marker down. So I think in the reactive turn, as soon as you want to use Sixth Sense (like delaying ARO or the improved responses to getting shot in the back) you'd have to put down the marker and commit.

In the active turn, Sixth Sense isn't as likely to force you to choose before the resolution (determine modifiers) step.

chromedog likes this.
  6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

So the easy way to do this is to explicitly make using Tri-core a decision that needs to be made when the Fireteam was formed.

Given that CB has not chosen to do that, I see no reason that you can't choose to use the skill only when desired. You just need to make certain that you change markers whenever you change the type of Fireteam.

From a RAI POV though, that last line makes me think that it was intended that the decision is made when the Fireteam is first formed.

Mahtamori, xagroth and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You do not change fireteam markers, you place the Tri-Core marker next to the Fireteam: Triad leader in addition to the Fireteam Triad Leader marker. The fact that the Tri-Core model is required to be part of a Fireteam: Triad (and not a Fireteam: Tri-Core) to use the ability gives us strong indication that Tri-Core is not a type of Fireteam, but a separate ability.

WarHound, Robock and inane.imp like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation