1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defender Causes Wounds?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by sololobo, Nov 25, 2018.

1. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

"The Defender cannot use their hits to cause wounds in a Combat Roll if there’s no Line of Sight to the Attacker during the declaration of the Attack"

Q) But, if the defender did have LoS, then the defender could wound the attacker given that they rolled well enough...Is this assumption correct?

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Yes, it is. Background-wise, this is the defender shooting back with their Contender.

Flipswitch and sololobo like this.
  3. sololobo

Thank you! However, I have a follow on question.

Q.) What if the attack is further than 8 spaces away; meaning, the contender is no longer in range. Can the defender still wound to the attacker if they were to roll well enough?

4. Chandly

Chandly Corregidor, de toda la vida...

Yes, the :W: roll is not a contender attack. No range is needed.

sololobo, treiral and ijw like this.
  5. sololobo

I see. Hm...I don't know if, say I was on the dev team I would agree with this, but they are the rules. Good to know! Thank you!

6. ijw

Which bit don't you agree with?

7. sololobo

That the defender could still cause wounds to a attacker that is outside of 8". Say, Max is being shot by Lunah 10" away with the use of a Tactic. Max posts his shield and reaches for his trusty side arm "Contender" to fire back; however, since the max range of the contender is 8" he is unable return fire to Lunah. I guess I would have envision Max angling his shield in the perfect manor to reflecting bullets back at Lunah, but...I just like that. But, its the rules. :b

8. ijw

No, it's 100% intentional that the defender can cause Damage at any range. Mentioning the Contender is just a justification, the rule comes first.

sololobo likes this.
  9. sololobo

I totally understand. I don't agree with the ruling, but its how the game was designed and how it was intended to be played. :)

10. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

The lore says that there are billions of spectators watching any given game of A! I like to think that the Hexadome itself is rigged to inflict some damage to the Attacker. There are always fans of the defending player. Sort of the home fans screaming in anger when Messi is fouled at the Camp Nou.

sololobo likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation