1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DBS in N4

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by Cannon Fodder, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

Anyone looking at playing DBS in N4.

It looks like MIs will all be 4-4 in N4. It should help the fireteam mobility. I'm hoping they'll get a bit more help besides that.

Savnock likes this.
  2. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

I'm trying to stay hopeful. But I don't like how all the Tank Hunters and Wildcats went up in price with debatable increases in usefulness.

3. Cannon Fodder

My local group finds the wildcards significantly improved. MSV1 in the N4 context is not bad, adding NCO to the spitfire makes the fireteam much more interesting. I hope the Druze get the same loving.

4. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

The 4-4 MOV for MI is a quite interesting thing. In general I think that at least the change in hacking will solve many issues of the sectorial, depending on the availability to spotligt things. We have a great repeater-network, so this can be distributed quite well, mitigating problems in FtF-rolls.
    The loss of sniffers could be a great drawback, since it was a good tool for DBS. If sensor now takes the repeater-network, that would be great and would be an additional boost to the sector. But if it is solved differently, or completly gone, I would be a bit salty, since camo-spams would simply overrun every DBS-list.
    Besides this, I hope for some point-decreases, especially for Arslan. If he gets cheaper (like 5 points), he will be a great addition to a variety of lists. Scarface will be cheaper, getting Cordelia and some REMs into more lists and having a 'pseudo-HI' by hand. But there need to be some other things to come. Maybe the Al Fasid is finally included (just wishing, no clues about this).

jfunkd, Cthulhu363 and Savnock like this.
  5. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

It's got some neat things, but isn't what I wanted or needed from MI in Corregidor. They are incredibly expensive for bringing as a Haris and Number 2 or not the effectiveness drops quickly once they start getting shot at. I'm concerned that Druze themselves will stay expensive and delicate for what they deliver.

I am very much looking to cost decreases on TAGs. Combined with a 15 order list they become more appealing. Sadly doesn't make me want to take more Druze though.

6. SpectralOwl

Druze themselves are already varied and fancy enough for new-wave CB MI, I'd guess they're going to drop a point or two from stats and remain unchanged otherwise, beyond the AHD being altered. Hunzakuts and Saito are likely eating price hikes since Camo is getting a bit pricier judging by Tankhunters. I'm most curious about the Anaconda, which is in a sweet spot to benefit from all the discounts but may also see big changes depending on how Pilots and Operators are handled in N4.

jfunkd, Cthulhu363 and Savnock like this.
  7. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I'm really excited to repaint my druze. And 4-4 will give me more reason to take actual druze.

EM grenades and hacking stocks are up which is good. But I'd like some more heavies in the list to round things out with the 15 order cap

8. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Dual TAGs could be a thing.

Savnock likes this.
  9. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

I feel that Druze are in an excellent position in N4 with the changes that have been revealed so far. I will definitely try them out to play competitively again in this edition.

When I was playing Druze after they came out, I frequently got frustrated with how difficult it was to apply Targeted state onto my enemies. That bonus is absolutely huge for Druze, there are just so many synergies in the faction that make it more than just the sum of it's parts. I used to think (and some of my old forum post show my POV) that Targeted was right on the brink of being one of the more over powered buffs in all of Infinity and that's why CB hid it behind active turn use and negative mods to apply.

Well the gloves are off of Targeted in N4, and it will be a huge part of DBS' game.

10. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

For sure, Targetted state as an ARO response and requiring a Reset to remove is going to be fantastic for the Sectorial. The repeater net Druze can put out combined with these options is one of the biggest things I am looking forward to in the new edition. Nobody likes being Targeted with a Druze LGL link on the board.

Savnock likes this.
  11. jfunkd

Warcor

It's not just the LGL. If your opponent's Rambo get's Targeted deep into his turn and you have the Clipper on the board; He's going to think really hard about using the rest of his orders to kill your units while wearing a neon "Shoot Me" sign instead of backing off and making the WIP -3 to get rid of it. That Targeted is persistent now and -3 WIP to remove means you need to move out of the Hacker's (Repeater's) range in order to clear it with any chance of success... it's a total order sink once it's been applied in ARO.... and a huge debuff if not cleared.

Hunzakuts are already key, but with both the FO skill and deployable repeaters in combination with a Peacemaker on the line; this is going to be the textbook response to your opponent's first turn push. I feel it will let Druze start reactive with consistently good results, and IMO DBS has always preferred to play second.

Druze also get to make their decent BS and lowish WIP a match for elite units of other armies when Targeted is on. The Shock teams will shine in this environment. With Gromoz, it's even viable to apply Targeted as an active turn strategy before you start shooting with your 1 wound HMG or MSR. Targeted can cut your chances of failure by half, and for the Shock Teams this can be an insurance policy if you can afford the order cost.

#11 jfunkd, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    clever handle and Capo.Paint like this.
  12. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Oh yea, the new hacking is going to really add defense in depth to our field play, and going second will let the enemy set themselves up for Guided and LGL fun before closing in with active turn shooters to knock them down.

A wide repeater net, ARO Spotlight, and a linked hacker or few will make for a very nasty field presence.

Savnock likes this.
  13. Cannon Fodder

I always found that DBSs repeater coverage was a problem because the available hackers were relatively weak. My usual opponent was Nomads at the time and it basically became my weakness. Hopefully they get a boost in the hacking regards. DBS always needed a couple more troop options.

14. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Here's hoping that N4 brings either another couple of troopers (even generic stuff like Monstruckers) or a change to make Bounty Hunters and/or Tao Wu able to join some of the links.

toadchild likes this.
  15. Ayaxs

Ayaxs Crane agent, Yuandun division.
    Warcor

I wont be betting on Tao Wu being linkable, as he's not able in White Company for N4.

16. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Well, he's portrayed as a pretty independent dude. But if there's anywhere that a guy like that would be part of a hit team, seems like Druze...

17. jfunkd

Warcor

My wish, and something that DBS will desperately need in this ITS Season of Tactical Window are troops with "order" skills.

Impetuous, NCO, LT Level 2, or just straight up Tactical Awareness. Some of these skills need to be proliferated into DBS (and a lot of other factions TBH).

Again, I really want the Krakot in DBS but I don't know if that fits CB's vision of Bayram's lore. At the least, it would be nice to get NCO in the fireteam, or TA/NCO on one of the SWC Druze.

If TAGs are our only source for multiple orders per slot, it is going to make me sad.

Also, Monstruckers would be badass for sure.

KedzioR_vo likes this.
  18. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Crossing my fingers for an Al Fasid.

dhellfox, toadchild, jfunkd and 2 others like this.
  19. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

-Everyone- wants those sweet extra-orders Tac Aware abilities. Not sure it fits Druze's character in the fluff, so guessing they won't see them.Nor does Impetuous fit seemingly, except maybe on Krakots.

NCO though, might make sense.

Krakot now... that makes sense thematically, and practically.

toadchild likes this.
  20. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I'm with everyone on wanting a bit of an addition of some sort. How about some of those QK troops coming over, like Janisaries.

I agree about Krakot. I think Druze wouldn't mind having alien mercs in their ranks at all.They already have Armand, so how about another from Spiral? Or Aida Swanson? Cube Jager?

I'm looking forward to anything that will make people take more Druze in their Druze force though.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation