1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daylami Grenade Launchers

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Tendentious, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Tendentious

Tendentious New Member

In N3, I was a big fan of having one or two Daylami Infantry with grenade launchers sitting behind total cover for some speculative potshots with the irregular order, which can also potentially be used as ARO pieces vs fireteams.

N4 has made several changes that make that less appealing
    - Loss of +3 rangeband means their speculative fire is always at BS 5
    - 15 model limit reduces freedom to take cheap harassers.

Do people think they're still worth taking?

EDIT: Wait, scattering was N2, not N3. (I took a bit of a break from Infinity from mid N3 to the release of N4, so I've forgotten some things)

#1 Tendentious, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  2. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

By themselves I don't particularly like them on paper due to the reasons you mentioned, but I can see them working fine in a list that somewhat complements them. They bring a GL at 0.5 SWC after all, so we might as well make use of that.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    SALADIN (Lieutenant [+1 Command Token]) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser(+1B) / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 36)
    BARID (Hacker, Hacking Device) Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 17)
    NAJJARUN Engineer Rifle, Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    SHAYTANIYAH REMOTE Missile Launcher / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1.5 | 16)
    RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle, Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 14)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 [​IMG]4
    REM RACER (RemDriver [+1 BS]) Light Shotgun / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 15)
    HUNZAKUT Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Shock Mines ( | Deployable Repeater) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 19)
    DAYLAMI Rifle, Grenade Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 10)
    4 SWC | 162 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

This is a fairly SWC heavy list core, but it does provide solid repeater coverage for Spotlight and the opportunity to apply targeted state via the FO REM as well. Saladin is a nice fit, because he provides both a repeater and an additional command token for coordinated orders.
    Once an enemy has been targeted, your Missile Bot can do its thing and the Daylami GL can chime in with what is now a BS 8 speculative attack. Still not great but decent at their point cost, if you really want to bring them. You can also coordinate a speculative attack between your Daylami and Hunzakut to get more mileage out of your GLs. They are all irregular, so they can participate in a coordinated order and the REM driver provides the needed regular order to do that. He also improves the hit chance on your Missile Bot and can drop a repeater if necessary - great synergy overall.

If you spec fire 8 times with your Daylami and Hunzakut (4x their irregular order + 1 coordinated order), that's 3.2 GL hits on average for your second combat group, which doesn't eat into your main order pool at all, where you can fuel whatever attacking piece you prefer.

#2 Knauf, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

By god that's a meme. I'm impressed.

Xeurian and Knauf like this.
  4. Fenrir

Fenrir Well-Known Member

In N4 the irregulars are in a bad position, and you don't want to take that kind of profile because panzerfaust is just better in every sense.

you are conditioning your list if you take some irregular, these irregular must be powerful enough not to occupy them with regulars, therefore, any profile other than the rifle or panzerfaust profile does not exist.

It is more even the hunzakut costs to put it on the list with the limit of 15 hurts a lot and haqqislam has too many irregular that now are practically in decline.

The limit of 15 has damaged haqqislam too much, as well as ariadna or other armies that press more with irregular or without rambos, only the elite armies have benefited.

5. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I disagree, they are in the same position as before, meaning it's not a downside to be irregular when they are the sort of unit that you would always spend an order on anyway (McMurder, Hunzakut, warbands in general and Monstrucker)

The only one who got "nerfed", so to speak, are the 'oh, I had leftover points anyway and don't care about order limit'- type of units ie. Warcor and arguably the Libertos

toadchild likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation