1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daedalus' Fall Campaign Track

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Kreslack, May 9, 2019.

1. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

Me and some friends have started the campaign in Daedalus Fall campaign. And we've run into a few snags.

First we have an uneven number of players '7'. And there is no concessions or rules written in the book or track at all for handling the odd man out.

At the end of each chapter there is a bonus mission, to be played by the two 'highest scoring' 'winners' of the entire chapter. Round one was random opponents and the track has round 2 WvsW and LvsL placing the odd man out has been a bit challenging though we have decided that no one can sit out twice until everyone has. And the player that sits out gets awarded the average value of all objective scores for that round. So far that has been (6)r1 and (5)r2

This is really confusing. There are only two missions. So how we do determine 'highest scoring' 'winners' (Scores in brackets below)

We have one player who's won twice. (14)

One that has sat out once and won a game. (15)

One that has sat out once and lost a game. (11)

Everyone else has won a game and lost a game. (15) (9) (10) (4)

So we don't know who is suppose to advance. As the two highest scoring players have only won a single game each in different rounds and one of them sat out for the second match. And the runner up in points has won his game in both rounds. So who are the highest scoring winners?

#1 Kreslack, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Why not just have the 2 15s play the bonus game?

Objectives are more important than 'winning'.

Given you have an odd man out punishing that person with less games seems undesired, so give them the credit for their solid win and let them get a second game in.

3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Grab another player and make him play twice, only using an NA2 army. Rotate each phase who has to "double" as able, and note the NA2 results.

Mind you, the "DF Campaign system" is the old HSN2 one, with slight nerfs to the army improvements (Psi Ops limited to 50pts and 1 CAP to get 1 merc trooper, and the +1STR bonus not being for the whole army anymore, but a single entry in the Army... still favouring Aleph and CA, but now also Tunguska). Oh, and the "your specops can only fight with vanilla or his sectorial" and the "if your Specops/character dies, he sits the next battle out".

So whatever was used in the Paradiso HSn2 campaign could easily be ported here. My suggestion of using NA2 comes from my own custom-made Campaign rules.

4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Thinking about OSS:
    (but yea, Tunguska would be hilariously strong/dangerous to everyone but new Dazzer Shasvastii)
    [​IMG]

xagroth and inane.imp like this.
  5. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

It reads to me like the optimal number of players for a campaign would be 4, but it's never spelled out.

Also there's some visible cut-paste, as one entry mentions that "you can tell if the Yu Jing player has any Hidden Deployment troops, but he doesn't need to tell you if it's a Ninja or an Oniwaban" ;P

xagroth likes this.
  6. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

If we had 8. (Or just multiples of 4) I think things would be easier to sort out. I just wish they could have given an example.

xagroth likes this.
  7. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

4 or 8 worked best with the old paradiso campaign.
    Uneven numbers didn't work then as much as it doesn't work now. No campaign does uneven numbers well, though. Not in a pvp story tree setup.

8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I'd try to add another player, or at least a 'ringer', someone to play an army to at least give a game to the odd man out. Playing the ringer counts as winning.

Robock and chromedog like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation