1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom mine and camo tokens

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Randomcallsign, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Randomcallsign

Randomcallsign Well-Known Member

I’ve been looking for some time for a nice mine and camo token that wasn’t just some marker to forget about or flat two dimensional silhouette piece. I couldn’t find any I liked so I set about making my own.
    First up: mine tokens. Based on a claymore mine I had a friend 3D print these for me and then it was up to the simple task of basing and painting them. They’re about the height of a S1 marker.
    A0912C1D-1953-415F-9623-71204471B373.jpeg
    766EF243-122A-4F0C-B990-644B21C89393.jpeg

Up next, camo tokens.

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  2. Randomcallsign

Ok so next up was camo tokens. These are still a bit of a work in progress but they’re a true size and representation of S2 camo markers that fit well with my Ariadna fluff.
    First step was to cut some soft wire plant ties to length to form some stick figures of sorts.
    7594C6C7-6CEF-45C6-A630-5FA825923F05.jpeg

Aver cutting some more lengths and bending them in half to make arms and feet I attached all with some glue and another length for a rifle. 4FD35841-C1FA-452C-846B-94019C7827CC.jpeg

Next up was modeling clay rolled thin and draped over the top like a ghillie blanket. I wasn’t thrilled about how this next step turned out but with a coat of paint and camo markings I think they’ll turn out pretty ok. 5C4D898C-E7F1-4BEB-A8C6-1671F548C5A8.jpeg

I’d love some feedback on these or shots of someone else has done anything like this. I’ll update once I get some of these markers painted up.

Attached Files:

3. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I took an idea off the old forums and used some old bipolar transistors (they already have 3 legs, and a sorta-antipersonnel mine shape to them) for my antipersonnel mines.

These ones.
    [​IMG]

4. Randomcallsign

Quite late but I finally finished painting up my 16 camo markers. They are numbered underneath the bases to help differentiate.
    I'm not sure I love them but they look better than tokens sitting on a table. Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      254.4 KB
      Views:
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation