1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom control panel

Discussion in 'Rules' started by zagdag, Feb 14, 2018.

1. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

So the rule in the AGL packet about altering the control pannels seem really weirdly restrictive. I am painting all my Aristros in a Red team color. I wanted to make my own control panel in a matching red, by scanning the origonal, altering the colors, and printing it out on card stock. As far as I can tell though, this is not allowed. the only legal way to make a differnt colored pannel so would be to literally paint the existing pannel red. Is this as intended?

I dont really see the harm in letting people create their own control panels if the have all the same info in the same place. Likewise, i had an idea for a modeled control pannel. But this too seems banned. I am trying to understand why. Are there partner products coming out that will fill this nitche?

2. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

I think it's for the same reason as other board games that have an official competition scene. All players need to be using the official tokens to prevent any possibility of foul play even if such a possibility is remote.

The likes of X-wing have had issues in the past with unofficial turn templates and weighted bases slightly larger than the regulations. Chess tournaments are very restricted in thr design of pieces players use.

Basically in a competitive format any variation that could result in am intentional or unintentional advantage needs regulated.

3. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

That's right, @deep-green-x , and so we're still firm about tokens, markers, dice, etc.

But we've been debating about customized Control Panels and we're updating Rules: We want to clarify that you may use Infinity models (Lunah, Miyamoto) as well and you'll be permitted to use your own Control Panels if and when functionality is not affected and all elements are correctly represented (Running Order, Action Points, etc) and visible.

We don't want to spoil the sport show taste you can bring to AGL with your colours, your logos and your designs.

Please, don't overdo it (you know what I mean).

:wink:

volgo, Damiel, themadcelt and 2 others like this.
  4. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Great, now I want a custom control panel! ;)

5. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

Awesome @-V- muchas gracius!

I am glad to hear you guys are looking for a way to make a clear policy that also allows some creativity!

Although I don't know if I can make any promise about not taking it to far. Thats kinda what I do with modeling :p

6. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

What and where is this "control panel" of which the AGL speaks?

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

7. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

The control panel is the orange or green piece of cardboard that has a wedge shaped cutout to fit against the Hexadome. This is where you mark the round number and place your character avatar to indicated order of activation etc.

8. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

Oh, right. I was thinking "control panel" in the Infinity sense and thought I'd missed something.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation