1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative use of Hidden and Marked: am I nuts?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Chikahiro, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

So, I was recording the next two Aristeia 99 videos, and had a thought out of nowhere:

Eclypse's tactics can give characters Hidden and Marked, but they're not limited to allies and enemies respectively, only "target."

So... you could use them opposite to normal expectation? Hidden can be put on an enemy to deny them their teammates ranged buffs/heals, and Marked on allies to allow buffs/heals even though the character is out of LOS.

Its like using Parvati's Reset on enemies to clear all their positive states (apparently I surprised some folks here when reporting I did that in a game versus Bachman). If it only says "target," the possibilities of creative use go up.

So, Marking someone out of LOS with Baily's Bead, then Taunting them with Señor Massacre so you can then Tengana. Nice combo. Especially if you're going right next to, oh, your Maximus or Murtair :p

Or, hell, use Say It To My Face. Talk about a "get out of jail" card.

Thoughts? Am I crazy?

AdmiralJCJF, rag1n and Ealthril like this.
  2. Neengash

Neengash VaudeVille Soul
    Aristeia! Warcor

Not crazy at all!

Given the propper situations, I love doing such "unexpected" use of tactics and efects.
    The difference between "target" and "enemy" is gamechanging in AristeiA! and there are quite some tactics that allow for such strategies.

[​IMG]
    Have you ever thought of taking an enemy with this card? I did and seeing the face of the enemy when their character is put back into the hexadome far away from where they expected it would come back is quite awesome.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Both those cards can be used to get near an ally, adding quite some movement posibilities to those characters.

I love games in which tactics and effects are used in a non-obvious ways :D

3. Chikahiro

@Neengash I hadn't thought of that! Certainly, if you placed them somewhere really bad (like an ambush) you could potentially keep them sidelined longer. Gosh, reminds me "Teleport Enemy" in City of Heroes :)

Will definitely have to re-examine the cards over time :)

Neengash likes this.
  4. Chikahiro

What else have folks found that's cool but not obvious?

5. JAGS

JAGS Member

Side Effects from Bachmann. Allies could keep states like hidden even on the infirmary, so they come back Hidden.

Predatory Instinct from Dart could be use on Hammerhead to buff his attacks.

Upper Cut from Axl Steel could help that ally who is 1 space from the scoring zone to displace him/her at 1:4: cost. My Dart was at 1 space from the central scoring zone at Conquest, Axl reach the scoring zone ending his move next to Dart and made her displace to help scoring

6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I've Tangana'd an Ally Taunted by my Opponent's Prism to score with Massacre.

7. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

You're not crazy at all. States can be 'ambiguous'. You may :O:hidden an Enemy to deny their team to support them and you may :J:mark an Ally so all of your team can select them as a Target for any Action ─making possible some pretty combos.

Massacre can :H:taunt an Ally. And going further: Imagine your Gata :S:blinding an Ally so your Massacre can play "¡Es Hora de Armar el Bonche!" to jump to them. Do you want to be more creative? May your Major Lunah perform "Suppressive Fire" at an Ally to inflict one :4: and then get your Murtair playing "Track"... Plus "Unbridled Fury", it could be the play of the game, don't you think?

:wink:

inane.imp, volgo, rag1n and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation