1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Courtesy Lists, Fireteams with Holoprojector

Discussion in 'Infinity Army' started by Whyrocknodie, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Whyrocknodie

Whyrocknodie Well-Known Member

I think there's an unintended consequence of printing the fireteam options on the courtesy list.

The courtesy list shows fireteam options from only those troops present in the list, as opposed to the entire sectorial. This means that when you put a Hafza trooper into a core link team of Janissaries, the presence of holoprojected troops is immediately broadcast to your opponent as they can see the Hafza fireteam options - if there was no Hafza present, they wouldn't see those options.

2. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

oh i thought it would only print on your personal list, same as weapons and hacking programs you uses.

3. Zoe

Zoe You can run, but you can't hide.
    CB Staff Warcor

True!! This table should not appear on the courtesy list.

4. rushputin

rushputin Well-Known Member

I disagree. One of the arguments I've heard in favor of printing off Fireteam options in Army is that, since NA2, it's increasingly difficult to know if the Fireteams your opponent forms and runs are valid, or what your options are in terms of dealing with it.

That it's printing off holoprojector unit options is a problem, but I think it's better fixed by having it print the Fireteam options your Courtesy List presents, not removing it entirely.

5. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

well, when the opponent must use his memory to form valid fireteam, you are very right to question it and contest it. but if the list is printed on his army list, then he should be able to form valid fireteam. If you question his linkteam, and he assures you that he is 100% legit according to his printed list, then either he is right or he is lying. There is no place for "i thought it was valid but i was wrong because i didn't had access to the wiki in the basement and i didn't remember right". If you really think he's lying, you can ask soemone to check the wiki, or maybe we can print a quickref table of fireteams. The same way that when an opponent tells me his HRMC is AP+Shock, which is not in my weapon list nor on his courtesy list, i can check the weapon quickref to see if he's saying the thruth.

i'm not sure how the courtesy fireteam accomplish that. Let's suppose the opponent runs 1 Zuyong Haris + 2 Yan Huo FTO. And you kill the zuyong. Well you haven't dealt with the linkteam. The 2 Yan Huo will continue to be part of what is now reduced to a "2 member haris fireteam". You don't break a fireteam by making it fail the fireteam creation criteria. The criteria is only used for making the link not for maintaining its existence. It is only broken by following the rule for concelation of a fireteam.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation