1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of questions..

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by taxites, Dec 10, 2019.

1. taxites

taxites Well-Known Member

Hey gang,

We ran into, well, a couple of questions during last night's game.

1. Is it an entire order to fire a weapon with the guided trait, at a targeted model? The description under the traits section, doesn't really indicate. As it's not a speculative shot, it seems to me that it's a short skill. Maybe I'm missing something.

2. My 3 druze gang up on a poor devabot charybdis. I activate, and attack with B3, I got this. Not so much, rolls are all under 7, one of my druze is immobilised. The confusing part for me is this.

"At the Conclusion of an Order, the Engaged state can be cancelled when all of a trooper’s adversaries are in Null or Immobilized state."

in short, can I still claim the burst bonus for 3 models engaged with the devabot? It's my active turn. Do I get to decide if my immobilised model is no longer engaged, or does my opponent? I find the wording here extremely ambiguous.

Thanks a million!

2. Ayaxs

Ayaxs Crane agent, Yuandun division.
    Warcor

1.- http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Traits

Guided. In Active Turn, this weapon can make a BS Attack against a target in the Targeted state, ignoring LoF and making a BS+6 Roll (This includes the Targeted MOD. Apply no other MODs for Range, Cover, CH: Camouflage, etc.).
    • Resolve the Attack with a Face to Face Roll if it used an Impact Template Weapon, or if the target had LoF to the attacker.
    • When using the Guided Trait, the weapon's B is always 1, ignoring all possible bonuses and Modifiers.
    • The Guided Trait is limited to 5 Attacks per Active Turn.
    • Guided projectiles are Hackable and can be neutralized by ECM.
    If you make a BS Attack it's a short or long skill depending on the skill used (BS Attack is short, Suprise Attack is short, Speculative Fire is Long) most of the time you can just use BS Attack as a short skill.

2.- "At the Conclusion of an Order, the Engaged state can be cancelled when all of a trooper’s adversaries are in Null or Immobilized state." goes both ways, if all your druze are immobilized or null, the devabot can cancel engaged, if the devabot is null or immobilized then the druze can cancel engaged, in your case, no one can cancel the engaged state as there's still enemies on b2b contact.

PD: immobilized troopers still give a burst MOD if they are still engaged

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/CC_Attack_Resolution

Troops declaring CC Attack apply a MOD of +1 to their B for each ally that is in base to base contact, and in Engaged state, with the target of their attack and is not activated either by an Order or an ARO.

#2 Ayaxs, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  3. taxites

taxites Well-Known Member

Many thanks for the speedy reply!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation