1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corregidor vs Haqqislam in Capture and Protect - list/Tactics help

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Birgir, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Birgir

Birgir New Member

Hi guys
    im playing Haq (vanila) for the first time what should i expect ? and is there something special i should bring ?

we are playing Capture and protect
    and im thinking Mcmurder and Hellcats to get becons or maybe khd bandit with cypermask
    and a wildcat link in defense
    what do you think?

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Sounds good. :)

Have you considered the Iguana? The Beacon is picked up by the trooper, not the model. This means that it goes with the Operator when they eject.

This is almost Mutts level broken. And seems like it would be hilariously fun.

3. Birgir

Birgir New Member

does he need to exit the tag to get the beacon?

4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

No, she picks up the Beacon as a TAG. If she subsequently takes 2 or more wounds she Ejects and then ADs away with the Beacon. If she's not in an Unc/Dead state when she lands she keeps a hold of the Beacon. If she's in an Unc/Dead state place her, then place the Beacon in B2B and if she's Dead then remove her.

It's more hilarious if you scatter off the table / into a DZ. You get to place her in your DZ. [emoji48]

Birgir and loricus like this.
  5. Birgir

Birgir New Member

im going to put together a list with the iguana

what about the Haqqislam part ?
    somthing special that i need to bring?

6. Nicklz

Nicklz Well-Known Member

Koalas to counter the Fiday maybe. Make sure you can protect your Backline should it show up.

7. Recruit-3D

Recruit-3D Active Member

This + Morans with Koalas to counter those dammed jammer thingys (Muttawiah something). With extremly impetious they are bound to move towards your moran and run into the koalas ZoC. Read upon the Jammer in the wiki. This weapon is quite annoying and might cause trouble to your list

Also "kill to death". Their Doctor Plus is really annoying. Schock Ammonition / Mines will help with that.

Birgir likes this.
  8. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Corregidor doesn't do shock.

A well placed Intruder will at least keep the Mutts on their side of the board, can't smoke past MSV2.

9. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

Coping with the Mutts will be hard. If Haqq is smart, he'll park his mutts around the beacon and leave them there. That will not be not easy to crack. I think the board will be too thick with dudes for Hellcats, and although I could imagine a Bandit KHD reaching the beacon, there is no way in a million years he'd ever escape with it.

I think the Iguana would normally be the go-to piece to get the beacon, but it will get jammed and immobilized against Haqq. McMurrough or a Jaguar team sounds better. Take intruders to leverage the smoke you'll have out, and consider an Intruder LT. Normally he's kind of whatever, but he has some good points here - sees through smoke (you'll have more than normal), WIP 14 (help you go first), camo LT (make life hard for Fiday). Sounds like a winner to me.

EDIT: Tomcat engineer with zondbot sounds strong too. Vanilla Haqq will debuff you like crazy

10. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Intruder Lt. is one of the best I almost never get LoL and it can be used to fake out where your gunner Intruder is.

inane.imp, Solar and Birgir like this.
  11. Birgir

Birgir New Member

What i have come upp with so far are these two lists

[​IMG] capture and protect list 1
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] McMURROUGH 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Templar CCW (AP + DA). (0 | 31)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (2 | 20)
    [​IMG] WILDCAT Boarding Shotgun, Stun Grenades, Deployable Repeater / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] BANDIT Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    [​IMG] SEÑOR MASSACRE (Fireteam: Haris) Breaker Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0.5 | 30)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] HELLCAT (Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 23)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

and this one

[​IMG] Capture and protect list 2
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] IGUANA HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 71)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] IGUANA OPERATOR HMG / Pistol, Knife. ()
    [​IMG] McMURROUGH 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Templar CCW (AP + DA). (0 | 31)
    [​IMG] TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges + 1 Zondcat / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ZONDCAT Electric Pulse. (4)
    [​IMG] LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] INTRUDER Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 35)
    [​IMG] LUPE BALBOA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Panzerfaust, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 15)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 18)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] MORAN Boarding Shotgun, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

12. Rubberpiggy

Rubberpiggy Well-Known Member

Like others have written, Koalas are very useful against Haqq. Be prepared to spend your first turn clearing out camoed or impersonated junk near your DZ if going first. If you are going second, protect your key pieces with koalas or mines if they bring assassins. Some things I try to remember when facing Haqq:

A jammer has an 8” threat radius and can aro out of LOF. Don’t get too close to Mutts if you want to be able to keep spending orders.
    Many Haqq units have light shotguns as well as rifles, so remember to check which range bands are most favorable to you.
    Avoid the temptation to smoke dodge too much with jags if they have a Djanbazan somewhere. Getting wrecked through your own smoke is demoralizing.

Also I probably wouldn’t bother with an engineer for the Iguana. If you take a wound and want to fix it, there’s a 35% chance that you will kill it instead, with no re-roll possible. I’d suggest a Hellcat paramedic or a tomcat doc so you can get mc murder up instead, or the iguana pilot if it comes to that.

Have fun!

Birgir likes this.
  13. MasterRace

MasterRace Member

What a d*ck move! I love it!

loricus likes this.
  14. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

Bandit Killer Hacker should be in the Iguana list. Certainly against Haqq, who have Al Hawwa and Tauregs (particularly the latter, since it can hidden deploy) who will jack your tag. You can't stop them, but you can make them pay. With a lot of orders (and a Haqq player will probably have them), they can also shut down your Moran's repeater with Blackout to make it hard for you to get the TAG back when they possess it. I'd also consider a pitcher if you can squeeze a Tsyklon or Gromoz in. You can't use the Iguana's repeater if it gets possessed. In fact, your opponent has it now. They can Blackout your Transductor or Lunokhod as soon as it gets in range, but they can't stop a successful pitcher. Also, a Tsyklon with ML2 is a great way to get Shock to deal with their doctors.

Personally, I would go with an Alg firebase, Massacre Haris, McMurrough, a Tomcat Doc, Moran, and a Bandit with some cheapish orders to flesh it out. Maybe an Intruder if you have room, that gives you several good options to get the Beacon (or get yours back. I understand the appeal of the Iguana though, but if you are going to take a TAG, you have to support it.

#14 wellspokenman, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  15. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Iguana has a way of making people say "that can't be right" and look up rules. Losing it at close range, having it fail the ejection and fall off the board so it can swap map sides and now has who killed it out of range and cover. You killed it and it failed the roll! That shouldn't be a good thing!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation