1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corregidor Lts?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Rejnhard, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Rejnhard

Rejnhard Well-Known Member

So I'm looking into sectorials this edition, specifically the Corregidor.
    And I see that with removal of Intruder Lt the choices are seriously limited and rather unappealing.
    1. 10 pts 1 SWC alguacil
    2. 24 pts Wildcat with little added survivability over Alguacil.
    3a. 35 pts 2 wound Mobile Brigada with Multi rifle
    3b. 32 pts Mobile Brigada with BSG

And that's it. No CoC or Veteran, as usual.
    Which one do you prefer? How do you cope with factions with access to impersonators or other sneaky assassins?
    At least Avatar or Saladin can no longer deny reserve deployment.

2. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

I typically cry.

Now, 2) is not as helpless, especially inside a link, since he has a DTW, visor, etc. But still needs to be hidden behind a curtain of Jaguars.
    3s) are actually good choices since you can embed them in a link. I prefer the BSG, for the nice fat template or +6 close quarters BS ARO, plus the 2W actually makes you harder to hit in one go. The Crit change and their increased ARM makes them solid as well.

And in the last turn, 6-2 with a BSG can make a real mess of the centerline if you need to push to remove an enemy from a console.

3. Alpharious

Alpharious Member

For me personally, brigada is usually the best choice. Alguacile is great on the point cost, but that 1 swc feels like a slap in the face every single time. Wildcat is better in that regard, but he is now expensive point-wise, while not yet durable enough to feel comfortable in an attack core. Plus, wildcat links are probably the worst choice after alguaciles, for being way too pricey. Brigada, though the most expensive option out there, but can complement any link, and is a beast by itself.

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

4. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

It really depends on how you are configuring your fireteams and what you need points for.

The SWC tax on the aggie isnt a huge deal these days as I have to out of my way to cap SWC in cjc now, and in the fireteam it has friends to play hide the LT with. but of the 3 this is probably the worst of them.

Wildcat, good middle ground, if you are taking wild cats why not? it can protect itself decently at BS13 and MSV1 in a fireteam or it torches what comes near it.

Brigada, BSG is a hard meh when compared to the multi+LFT, i've only taken the BSG when I have desperately needed points elsewhere, otherwise the MR is just superior in almost all regards. as for the Brigada as an LT, it can go in any team and can give you the most flexibility at list creation, is nice and durable at 2w and arm 5, the MR profile in a fireteam is either firing off a pair of DA rounds or potentially trading a wound to double torch the poor bastard that tried to jump him, it also makes a great final turn assault piece should you need it. however the Brigada has one massive drawback and thats hacking, keep enemy hackers or repeaters away from your DZ and you'll be fine otherwise things are about to suck.

inane.imp likes this.
  5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Wildcat links aren't actually pricy compared to the alternative (which is usually running 2 x MB or 1 x MB Lt + 1 x EVAder/Tsyklon/Vostok gun) and generally just edge them on price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But I'm erring to the MR MB: not significantly more expensive than the BSG but 6" ARM5 and 8-16" range gives an ok T3 gun.

6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I take the Wildcat a lot cuz I'm linking them anyways. Alguacil + decoy is common too cuz I also usually have SWC to spare. Haven't taken the Brigada much.

7. Tourniquet

This is pretty much my default setup, I may switch the EVAder for a Tsyklon if I feel like really abusing the shit out of fireteam bonuses.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]5
    EVADER Feuerbach, D-Charges ( | TinBot: Firewall [-3]) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 31)
    JAZZ FTO undefined / undefined. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] JAZZ FTO (Hacker, Number 2) Submachine Gun, Pitcher, Cybermines / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 19)
    MOBILE BRIGADA (Lieutenant) MULTI Rifle, Light Flamethrower / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 35)
    JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 10)
    JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 10)

2 SWC | 105 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Odd way to describe the second best non SWC weapon out there at the moment.

inane.imp likes this.
  8. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Anything but the Alguacile! It is absurd to pay SWC to get a most mediocre(and fragile) infantry as a lieutenant, IMO.

9. Tourniquet

generally speaking yes, but there are other factors in list building that may dictate it.

inane.imp likes this.
  10. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Mostly it's range bands combined with a touch of understatement. In T1/T2 in a lot of missions you really want a 24" gun: it's often not until T3 that you can realistically push your Lt with a 16" optimal range.

Tourniquet likes this.
  11. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yup, it is not likely for Alguacile to be a lieutenant, but that could also be a surprise to the opponent if it happens. It's not a total persona non grata, that I agree.

Tourniquet likes this.
  12. Alpharious

Alpharious Member

Yes, wildcat links are ch aper and still competent on shooting, but being only 30 points less than MB link, they are incomparably more fragile. If you are taking that link you need to bring a doctor, and backup guys to reform the link, mitigating their cheaper cost.
    (I love Wildcats, and I am trying to run competitive lists with them since N2, but it just never works)

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation