1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coordinates in aristeia?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Neengash, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Neengash

Neengash VaudeVille Soul
    Aristeia! Warcor

[I'm putting this here, even if it's not exactly "rules" i don't know where to post it]

I've been thinking about it for quite a while now, and I belive it's something that could be an interesting addition to the game. I'm talking about a "coordinate system", similar to what chess has :: "A3 to H3,...".

I believe that would be a great addition to help game reviewers, and some podcasts.

My first Idea was to simplify and instead of giving a "coordinate" to each position in the hexadome, focus the system in relative positions. It would work like this: First a number that determines distance in one axis, then a sign + or - to indicate if we must turn to the right (+) or to the left (-) and finally a second number which represents the distance from the current position to the destination.

Seems more complex than it actually is, here some examples:

upload_2020-2-19_9-38-6.png

Soo having the origin on lunah, we could say that

"lunah is 3-1 to gata"
    "lunah is 2+1 to miyamotto"
    "lunah is 2+1 to wildbill"

Do you think this would be usefull in some way? Any other ideas?
    What do you think this first idea lacks (maybe vision)?

Do you imagine an aristeia game being retrasmitted as an sports game on the radio?

2. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

I think it would be more useful to have direct coordinates printed on the hexes.

3. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Maybe splitting the field in 7 zones (6 outer ones, numbered like scoring zone and middle) and having all hexes in each zone numbered is easier? Results in some coordinates like 1-15, 3-12, M-5

4. Neengash

Neengash VaudeVille Soul
    Aristeia! Warcor

Maybe splitting it into something like the one hexadome from customeeple ?

I think i like the coordinates thing, but i've got the feeling it would need some thinking to make it easily undestandable ... your opinions ?

[​IMG]

5. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

One question: Is your intention to have a coordinates system to express Range and position as in the example above? Or your intention is to have a coordinates system to describe a movement?

I mean, your example works as we know where is Lunah and where is Gata. But giving a "3" from Lunah, how do I know why are you moving to the space of Gata?

Do you feel it could be used on podcasts?

:thinking_face:

6. Neengash

Neengash VaudeVille Soul
    Aristeia! Warcor

More than feel it was my desire XD

The intention was to allow a player to describe a "situation" in aristeia in a specific way without the support of visual assets.

But the more I think about it the less functional it feels to have an "strict" coordinate system. I mean, it could be used: "Lunah is on 3-12 attacking gata on 4-11 behind cover" but I'm having a hard time imagining such a situation being confortable to understand.

After thinking about it a little more I believe that the current generic approach: "Lunah is attacking Gata from 5 hex away" may be the most usefull way of communicating plays in Aristeia.

But I'm still open for new approaches if someone has a revolutionary idea :D

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation