1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coordinated order + mines

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Magnetkopf, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Magnetkopf

Magnetkopf New Member

I recently started shasvastii and have some questions about mines and coordinated orders.
    How does it work if multiple units in a coordinated order want to plant a mine?

1) Can they deploy the mines in different positions or do they need to be all on the same spot?
    2) Can this be combined with other deployable stuff? For example can one unit deploy a mine and another unit deploy a sniffer?
    3) Can it be combined with other attacks, like a bs attack? For example can one unit deploy a mine and another unit perform a bs attack?

2. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

I recently found out I was mis-reading a FAQ on this topic, so take this with a grain of salt, however I believe the answers here are
    1) Yes, you can coordinate deploying mines in various points on the board (they don't have a target)
    2) No combinations, as there is no generic "deploy equipment" skill to declare.
    3) No, again, because the declaration for all needs to be "place mine" or "BS attack" and they all need to make the same declaration.

Mahtamori and chromedog like this.
  3. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

1) If you're laying the mines out as deployables, then there's no target so you can place them anywhere you like, but I think if you're using them as an intuitive attack, then you have a target, so all of them have to be placed were they can all hit the same trooper, and if any model can't because of range or line of fire then those models idle and don't deploy their mines.
    2) edited: ignore what i had here at first, its a no.
    3) No, because you have to declare "the exact same sequence of skills" and Mines are not a BS attack.

4. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

As noted, there is no generic "deploy mine" skill, it's specific to each mine. Mono, viral, anti-personnel, etc are all different skills to deploy.

The closest "generic" skill for using any mine is "minelayer" as that allows you to deploy ONE of ANY deployable carried by that model, mine, repeater, sniffer, etc and has no special game effect outside of deployment phase.

inane.imp likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation