1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conquest!

Discussion in 'Game Reports' started by precinctomega, Feb 23, 2018.

1. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

I like Conquest for its ability to maximize the importance of every part of the game, but find it frustrating that Max and Hexxer are so powerful.

I played this scenario a few weeks ago with Max and Hexxer on my team (and not on my opponent's) and replayed it this week with a different opponent, the other way around.

In both cases, victory fell decisively for the Max/Hexxer combination. Max was too big to put down and too hard to move from the centre, while Hexxer consistently used Vade Retro to prevent me from taking back scoring zones conquered but vacated by opponent.

In retrospect, if I had also taken Hexxer, though, I would have had the increased mobility I would have needed to move my slower team members - 8-Ball and Lunah - to score at critical moments.

Parvati's mobility was less useful than I expected and Panda boy's Eat My Fa Jing was deeply underwhelming, even with many boost cards to support it.

Some of this comes down to my rolling (red, orange, orange, yellow: no hits; orange, blue, blue, blue, yellow: no hits) so a little more luck may have evened things up. But I still think EMFJ is a pretty rubbish attack action with blue/orange.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Maybe you need someone who can shut down Max... maybe a crying woman wielding a hallberd...?

:wink:

Smiler likes this.
  3. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Wild Bill or Musashi can put down Max in 1 or 2 activation. And ALWAYS kill Hexxer as soon as you can.

4. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

And which one should I be doing whilst also trying to conquer the scoring areas?

Using Bill or Mushashi against Max is fine in Assault or King of the Hill, but potentially a dangerous waste of actions in Conquest, when it can tie up your big hitter for two turns while your opponent conquers zones.

Yes, Valkyrie and Laxmee are going to be great options against this combo in due course. Actually, my opponent took Senor Massacre for a test drive and used his tactics in devastating fashion to, first, taunt all my characters to stop me killing Max, and then used Say It To My Face to pull Mushashi out of his scoring area to win himself three VPs and the game.

The idea of the honourable samurai abandoning his mission to address an insult was so perfect that I could hardly complain!

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

ephrael and -V- like this.
  5. Fathi Amirmoez

Fathi Amirmoez Active Member

Yeah, Massacre seems pretty brutal for Conquest.
    Epic Regeneration makes him a huge pain to remove from the center.
    Alternatively, if they have Laxmee, he can zip around with Es Hora!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation