1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming back from a very long break

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Samiberi, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Samiberi

Samiberi Well-Known Member

So i have tried to get infinity running in my local game store several times back in the last edition with varying degrees of success. Due to some personal life stuff i had to take a long break from wargaming. I'm coming back and I'm having a hard time choosing which faction to put my focus (and money on) first. I am looking between yu-jing and nomads.

That being said I have a ton of the old models and I played yu jing back when the jsa was...well a sectorial. Most my models are ancient and if I go the route of yu jing or even jsa I would have to...basically by everything back to the remodeling of the tag and immediate action bot (which I plan to eventually...just...hard pill to swallow stepping back in) on the other hand I have most all the nomad models and would have to buy nearly half as much to get back up to speed with them. Even less if I decided to just stick to Corrigar and bakunin. But I also know that nomads are a bit more popular that yu jing and I like playing armies not many play.

And the last little tidbit I need to think about. I'm getting the boyfriend into the game and he lives the coldsuchandsuch box set for ardiana. So I need to get something that would be fun to play against him and not so overwhelming...and im not sure if nomads or yujing fit the bill for that.

I'm also super rusty on the rules but like...that's kind of good so me and the boyfriend can play it together and learn again. I have...an absurd amount of terrain from various partners so can make two or three very dense play fields...I'm just...I guess looking for advice. I'm leaning toward yu jing cause it feels like its played less. I love the heavy armor and tech and I think it would be fun. But nomads would cost less and I love the faction as well for the variations and unit looks as well....what do you all say? What's some good thoughts on this! Help me come back so I can paint some awesome stuff and get a community going in my tiny little corner o the world!

Whaleofforum likes this.
  2. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Proxy with your existing models and see how you both like your choices. Be sure to wildly vary your table setup.

3. Samiberi

Samiberi Well-Known Member

Great idea! Thanks!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation