1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Collecting alternate Dropship/VTOL/Tank scenery

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by LeeroyVinland, Nov 8, 2019.

1. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Hello everyone,

basically I want to know if someone knows some cool scenery items available and fitting for Infinity.
    I know of a couple of designs like the Spider Tank from GITS and the VTOL from NGE available but they don't have a good scale with the game.

Does anyone know something similar and good looking?

Abydog, KGG and EccentricOwl like this.
  2. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

I remember seing some in this forum's section but I don't remember if it was on the actual or the old forum.
    Have a quick search around, I'm sure you'll find at least some.

One of the other recurrent IP that's used is the Alien one (especially the second opus) where you can use the VTOL ship and the armored transport also known as the "handbrake driven tank".

If I remember correctly for most of those you can find models and/or toys at fitting scale but it could be hard to find and/or quit pricey.

Some scenery companies also made their own design for such cool items. EDIT: the one I had in mind was by Antenocitis Workshop but is discontinued (ROC dropship).
    You may also find some 3D printable designs too.

#2 Koin-Koin, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  3. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

It was on the old forums, yes. One common thread was finding toys and modding and repainting them. So, raid that toy store! For a while there was a very cheap VTOL toy of the Avatar movie (the native alien smurfs one) but they don't seem to be out there anymore, if you find one secure it. Also yes, making one is very definitely not out of the question.

Also spend a while browsing the Genet Models archive, at the very least the UD-41 dropship is absolutely perfect for us (in the mentioned thread somebody posted several pics of his own and was at the perfect scale), and i suspect many of the others would help a lot too. Don't underestimate papercraft.

Abydog, Pen-dragon and Koin-Koin like this.
  4. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

I actually have an Enforcer Interceptor from Mantic's Warpath in my pile of shame waiting that actually may work in term of scale but maybe not when it comes to aesthetic.
    From the same range, the Asterian Chira Transporter or the Plague Dropship may suit better.
    Each of them is around 30£.

Tourniquet and jherazob like this.
  5. Biomckill

Biomckill Well-Known Member

Antenocitis has several dropships available, but as STL files to be downloaded and printed elsewhere: the Azure Dragon, the Roc and the Efreet (the UH-60 Black Hawk of the Human Sphere!). See the Antenocitis Dropship STLs page.

They used to have also some other flyers... the Locust (no longer, it seems) and the City Hopper, but these are much smaller. They have a tank and an APC also.

Clearhorizon Miniatures has an interesting small craft, called USHI. And they have the Light Strike Vehicle.

NS Games has also a IFV, the Armadillo.

Anyway, we are talking about 30-40 EUR per vehicle, minimum. Repurposing toys would be great. In the old forum there were great examples.

I am the proud owner of the Aliens UD-4L Cheyenne Dropship from Prodos Games. In the pile of shame, of course. HUGE.

6. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

GW has a VTOL dropship that I made with an Infinity touch (Basically all black with the obvious skills and Warhammer insigna removed and decals). It's the right size and you can even put some of the Infinity minis Inside. Not all of them fit though, since GW minis mostly all depict short and stocky humans in squating positions.

[​IMG] Named the Valkyrie

Abydog, chromedog and jherazob like this.
  7. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I have a few different fliers/shuttles/dropships and "fighters".

A HALO Hornet (from Jada toys). It's ostensibly a single pilot 54mm scale thing, but the canopy can be painted in such a way as to make it a 2-man 28mm one.
    There's also room on the "skids" for up to 3x 25mm based models each side.
    Also a 15mm scale (1:100) Pelican from the same game universe. It's 30.5cm long. Cockpit is meant as a 2-man 15mm scale,but scales up to a single 28mm fine.

A modified GW (FW) ship's lighter.
    A GW Valkyrie.

Several GZG aircraft for 25mm stargrunt. The ground-to-orbit interface lander, and an AV gunship.

Three fighters from the computer game "starlink". The game used to use physical props for the ships, pilots and weapons, plugged into a USB widget. You could customise the weapons, and swap out pilots and aircraft or even parts of aircraft. The game is going digital content only, so stores are clearing the physical ships for peanuts. I grabbed three of them @ $6AUD each (usually $24).
    Back right one is a starter pack ship - but the box had been opened and parts were missing, so it was also marked to clear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#7 chromedog, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    unclesrouce, Abydog, KGG and 2 others like this.
  8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The GitS models are either a bit small (Jigabachi helo and included Tachikomas) or about 2x the size they should be (HAW206 tank and 1/24 scale Tachikoma models). This hasn't stopped me from buying them and using them.

I also have a bunch of 1/48 models. Osprey, Hind helicopter, various ground-service equipment, a couple 1930s cars (intended to be used in dioramas with aircraft)... And some 1/43 scale cars (various concept cars, Ford GT, Lamborghinis, etc)

The Antenociti's models will be released as STL files, for you to 3d print your own. Not sure when, exactly, but it's on the list to happen.

Then you can start getting into the weird stuff, like the Maschinen Krieger models.

9. Biomckill

Abydog likes this.
  10. chromedog

DWartist just posted pics of a new model he's working on, too. 3d prints of a new starship line of STLs from a 3D design KS (I think).

[​IMG]

28mm back, 15mm front.

He posts them on his social media, as well as his blog.

unclesrouce, Savnock, Abydog and 2 others like this.
  11. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Buy the files directly if you have a 3D printer available. This also gives you the ability to scale things up or down if you find it more appropriate than the default.

For the above you can check out the Infinity Terrain facebook group. I'm pretty sure there are a couple of legal retailer licenses that were a tad cheaper if I recall correctly.

chromedog likes this.
  12. Shingen

Shingen Well-Known Member

One model that has not been mentioned yet but may be worth a look is Chicharra kickstarted couple of years ago by one of the forum members. This is picture of my model:

[​IMG]

But in truth this is main question, if you want a ready to go model or decide to 3d print it. With printing your option are next to unlimited with number of both commercial and free models which you can almost freely scale.

One company that you may take a closer look at, is already mentioned https://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/ as they have a bunch of modes (both resin and digital) inspired by Infinity lore itself and scaled appripriately. They have one of their Kickstarter running right now, and in some previous ones they sold models like this one:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Section9

Oh, man, I had missed that O12 dropship!!!

14. chromedog

One of the players from Novacore this year had that one on his table. 3D printed from the STL kickstarter they did for them.

It reminded me of the transport gunships from the final episode of Caprica (like black hawks with vectorable jet engines). They also had smaller pure gunship versions in that show.

15. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

The Chichicarra is good I have a few myself, I keep meaning to pick up some Antenocisfgfdgjkn workshop STLs.

Also for your consideration Elite Dangerous ship models are on thingverse which can scale really nicely, so here's a vulture and a mamba I printed for my spaceport board with a suryat for scale:

[​IMG]

16. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Come to think of it the ships from the Destiny Series would be a good thing to look for. Im sure theres a ton of them out there.

17. Biomckill

Hi again,

Somebody has brought up the Chicharra from Topo Solitario. He has also an ATV available at thingiverse, the Montaraz.

[​IMG]

18. SupersexyJohn

SupersexyJohn Well-Known Member

Sally 4th has one I thought about getting.
    upload_2019-12-26_16-30-18.png

timberfox, Koin-Koin and jherazob like this.
  19. Section9

They may have more than that as they work through the Albedo comic minis range. I should be getting one of their shuttles whenever that KS finally ships, but I think the shuttles were KS-only items. There should be some nice light tank/APCs coming, though.

20. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Would the heads fit Nomads? Sizewise I mean, thematically, no doubts.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation