1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coherency check double check.

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by kinginyellow, May 16, 2018.

1. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

last question i have for a bit, i hope.

Say a controller and its g:sync bot are 7" away from each other. First short skill is move and they walk a total of 10 more inches away from each other for a total of 17" from each other. Can the second short skill have the g:sync bot attack?

The reason why i ask is i am under the understanding that when the coherency checks occur is before the first short skill and at the end of the order. So even though the distance is far past zoc, it hasn't become disabled quite yet.

Relevant rules:
    In the Active or Reactive Turn, when activating the Synchronized Unit with an Order or ARO, the player must perform an Initial Coherency Check.
    In the Active or Reactive Turn, when finishing an Order or ARO, the player must perform a Final Coherency Check.
    I can't see when coherency for g:synch occurs outside those points for an order(ignoring deployment).

2. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

You check at the start when activating, anything out doesnt give its bonus at that point.

You then check again at the resolution step and anything out is now out from after the order onwards.

This essentially allows you to slingshot links and sync units in opposite directions for 1 order

Robock and xagroth like this.
  3. kinginyellow

Awesome! The rules looked like slingshot was an option, just was not sure if that was actually allowed.

4. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Looks right to me... And since you just need to walk back over to your dude to cancel the Disconnected state, this can be used to send the G:Synch on suicide runs for quite a distance, and still recover said dude if he survives.

5. kinginyellow

Kinda what i was thinking xD

6. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

the order you walk back, re-connection however also does not occur until the resolution as yo are obviously outside at the first check.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation