1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closed Battle Lists - wider availability

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by paraelix, Apr 24, 2018.

1. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

So I know these lists were a reward for an event last year, hence only PanO and YJ have received them... But I like the concept. I'd love to see these rolled out over the other factions to provide an alternate Tournament formatting - where everyone is restricted to selecting 2 of the pre-generated CB lists for use over the tournament.

It might be dipping into a more thematic/narrative style of event, but I'd totally jump in on that.

2. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

That's a pretty cool idea.

@HellLois might be interested in doing something along those lines for Season 10.

SeraSmiles and Abrilete like this.
  3. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

I can see it now, "CB is trying to force us to buy these models! How dare they! The dirty money grubbers!" And honestly, I doubt all of those lists would be equal. I'm not saying that as a knock against CB. I don't think anyone would be able to do it.

loricus likes this.
  4. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Would be cool to match to the "theme" of a Season - if, say, Season 10 pulled the focus back to Paradiso, they could have lists focussed on who took part there/had interests to defend;
    Aconte Shock Troops force
    Morats frontline force
    Derivative Steel Phalanx (maybe with some 0-12 oversight)
    etc.

Would also be the perfect way to test the waters for further NA2 stuff or even O-12 forces.

5. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

• Shasvastii Sabotage Corps
    • Myrmidon Battle Company
    • Trihedron Diplomatic Division
    • Green Banner Army
    • Sepentria Defense Front
    etc

my memories of the paradiso campaign are a little sketchy i admit, just trying to name forces and units that took part.

...oh yeah. what was the name of ko dali's unit?

#5 Leviathan, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    AdmiralJCJF and paraelix like this.
  6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

It'd be interesting for a theme tournament, since the lists aren't close to optimized by the forum's standards.

Leviathan and Space Ghost like this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Well-Known Member

True that. For example the new IS "Shield Division/Butchers" list D has a Hsien HMG linked with a Crane, two Wu Ming Chain Rifle dudes and a Zhanying hacker - in a 10 order list that has only one (weak) ARO piece and nothing for board control!

8. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

Its a little off-path from the CBLs, but one can imagine premade lists as a way to cover both story/narrative development ("These are the actual forces who fought during this mission") and to provide interesting mechanical pairings... two opposing lists which don't have to be take-all-comers competitive, but rather optimized for a specific mission and/or for interactions with each other.

9. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Oh, how I long for such things.

Shiwen and oldGregg like this.
  10. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Some kind of mini-narrative/campaign with CBLs could be interesting - like the Outrage scenarios that came out long prior to Handleman and Uhahu getting true ITS profiles.

AdmiralJCJF and Balewolf like this.
  11. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

I like the idea of the narrative lists a lot. Reminds me of the Tagline missions where one side would get Toni and the others would get the CA units. It could be a lot more fun, and then you don't have to base it around the main ITS scene.

12. Section9

There was something kinda like that in some Paradiso missions.

Shiwen likes this.
  13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So winner of "worst" list being PanO with under 10 order list ?

14. Section9

Nah, I'd say it'd be the Kouan Kyuuka lists without Tachikomas. 7 orders! Those sucked so hard they pulled the chrome off of trailer hitches...

15. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

I’d love it - if CB then dictated the layout and nature of terrain too. The idea of re-playing a ‘famous battle with the actual troops’ loses quite a bit, when the jungle is substituted by a frozen industrial harbor.

And closed battle lists would really do a lot for the balance of a game, that is generally regarded as very balanced. While players would really feel, that they got their moneys worth from troops with AD and CAMO. So yeah, go for it.

-

Nah, I’m kidding. I actually hate anything, that reduces player choice and creativity. And the idea of replaying ‘historic’ battles is not really tournament friendly, where shasvasti and Aleph would have to replay the japanese insurgence.

CB’s domain when it comes to fluff, only goes to the books and model design, once those tiny dolls are in my hands, they’re mine.

#15 regelridderen, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
  16. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

I personally love this idea- narrative events would be awesome.

And would also be less inducive to "oh you were a fool and declared engage? Well then enjoy being stuck to this wall while I exploit rules as tournaments are about WINNING"

And to those who say this would be CB trying to dictate how we use our metal dollies: just play using the existing rules or go to a "real" tournament. I can't help but be unable to understand how more options to have fun with the game somehow = bad :D

17. DFW Ike

DFW Ike Well-Known Member

This would be great!

Imagine if the new BoW campaign had CBL lists for all the factions representing the forces being deployed on Dawn.

xagroth likes this.
  18. Section9

A couple of the really old missions did give at least some terrain requirements. Lost Post and Beachhead.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  19. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

I’d enjoy specified terrain, but not lists. My favorite part of infinity is lost building.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation