1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Climbing + and Super Jump

Discussion in 'Rules' started by kghamilton, May 1, 2020.

1. kghamilton

kghamilton The_Omnishambles
    Warcor

I was hoping with Code One, these skills might become clearer and easier to use. In some ways this is true (fixing prone for example has been great) but it still appears you cannot use Super Jump or Climbing + as part of dodge.

Is anyone able to confirm this? I've read the rules a few times and it seems these skills can only be declared when using Jump or Climb which is disappointing since it would be really cinematic for an Umbra, for example, to declare dodge to leap 4" over a terrain piece or enemy trooper :)

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

" Climbing Plus allows the user to move along vertical surfaces as if performing a normal Movement on a horizontal surface."

"A successful Normal or Face to Face Dodge Roll allows the user to move up to 2 inches."

Dodge is a Movement, so C+ can be used to with it to allow the user to move on vertical surfaces.

Super Jump lacks the same text as C+. All of its effects only applies when you declare Jump as a Short Movement Skill. So you cannot Dodge through the air.

#2 inane.imp, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Mahtamori likes this.
  3. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Yeah, Jump / Super jump are a sort of special maneuvers, while Climb+ changes the limits of how you're allowed to normally move (includes vertical surfaces).

4. kghamilton

Warcor

Man that's so annoying. It was something I was really hoping CB would fix for C1/N4. The wording of each skill are so similar but they don't work the same. If they wanted to simplify the rules, this would've been a winner.

I realise it's a bit niche and perhaps outside the scope of C1, but it came up in our game last night and at first we just assumed they had fixed it, but reading closer, it appear not :(

Is there any reason why this might be the case. Is it by design or just something that was missed in the wording?

Bobman and emperorsaistone like this.
  5. kghamilton

Warcor

From Climbing Plus
    "This Special Skill alters the user’s Climb Skill from an Entire Order
    Skill to the Short Movement Skill Move."

From Super Jump
    "This Special Skill alters the user’s Jump Skill from an Entire Order
    Skill to a Short Movement Skill."

This makes me sad :(

toadchild likes this.
  6. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Well to be honest with the new restriction of jumping where you need to reach the landing spot with your jump distance (without falling into place at the end) a 2" jump is not really getting you very far. It would be pretty cool though.

Henshini likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation