1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classified Objective Interaction in Highly Classified

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by tschmitt, Jul 24, 2019.

1. tschmitt

tschmitt Active Member

We were playing Highly Classified last night and ended up with In Extremis Recovery and Predator in our primary objective pool. Are you able to complete them at the same time? I searched around on the forums for a bit and couldn't find anything. Descriptions for both classifieds from the Season 10 PDF below.

In Extremis Recovery: A trooper in Engaged state with an Unconscious or Spawn-Embryo enemy trooper must spend a Short Skill and succeed at a WIP+3 Roll. After a successful WIP Roll the enemy trooper is removed from play.

Predator: At the end of the game the player must have killed at least two enemy troopers in Close Combat. Performing a Coup de Grâce doesn’t count towards this objective.

2. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I believe only skill with the "Close Combat" tag are valid for Predator, the skill used for In Extremis Recovery does not specify that it is a Close Combat Attack so I do not think it applies.

The rule makes a distinction between "Close Combat" and "Engaged".

ChoTimberwolf, tschmitt and Sabin76 like this.
  3. tschmitt

tschmitt Active Member

I thought about that too so I looked at Engaged and the first bullet point says "Troopers in Engaged state are considered to be in Close Combat (CC)."

The wording on Predator also says IN close combat, not WITH or BY close combat.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  4. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Interesting wording, could you potentially shoot someone who is "in Close Combat" with a gun (perhaps triangulate firing it) and have it count? It's obviously not Rule as Intended though.

In light of your last comment, I really don't know if In Extremis works for Predator.

5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Given the reference to Coup de Grâce not counting, I strongly recommend playing that Predator requires you to take the target to Dead state, via a CC Attack.

Note that nothing in In Extremis Recovery mentions the trooper counting as killed or dead.

ChoTimberwolf and tschmitt like this.
  6. tschmitt

tschmitt Active Member

Thank you for the response @ijw that is how we ended up playing it. Being able to do both at the same time felt cheesy. Plus, In Extremis Recovery doesn't sound like you are killing something with it. As you said, there is no mention of killed or dead, just removed from play. The card has the medical cross on it too so we thought of it like you were capturing an enemy trooper.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation