1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clarity remote with assisted fire and a plasma weapon

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Refry101, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Refry101

Refry101 Member

If a remote benefiting from assisted fire that is equipped with a plasma weapon lands a hit on a target, would that target have to make an arm and bts roll for plasma and an additional arm roll for shock?

2. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

No, cause it already makes an ARM roll.

The exception you mean only appears when there is only a BTS save made and no ARM.

Edit:
    Marksmanship LV1 adds the shock ammunition type, who forces your to make a ARM roll. But with Plasma, you already roll a ARM roll, therefore no extra.

KaiAgni and chromedog like this.
  3. Refry101

Refry101 Member

ive been cheating :/

4. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Holy crap... that would've been worse than EXP (for the enemy)!

Refry101 likes this.
  5. Refry101

Refry101 Member

Yeah, my buddy was pretty sure I was wrong. He plays Tohaa and let me roll with it cause I was doing so badly :P

6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

For the record, here's the relevant rules explanation:
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Types_of_Special_Ammunition

In either case, when the combined effects involve the same Attribute (ARM, for example), apply both in the same Roll. For example, in the case of AP+DA, two Special Ammunition types that affect ARM, each successful attack would cause the target to make two ARM Rolls (due to DA Special Ammunition) with his ARM value halved (due to AP Special Ammunition) in both Rolls.

Otherwise—if the Special Ammunition affects different Attributes— then their effects are not combined, but applied separately, forcing the target to make a separate Roll for each affected Attribute. For example, in the case of AP+E/M, the target must make a halved ARM Roll (due to AP Special Ammunition) and, additionally, a halved BTS Roll (due to E/M Special Ammunition).

So in the case of Plasma + Shock, the addition of Shock will not add an additional ARM roll, and the straight-to-dead effect will only apply to the ARM rolls, but not the BTS rolls.

KaiAgni, WarHound, DaRedOne and 2 others like this.
  7. Refry101

Refry101 Member

@toadchild

Thanks for the rules explanation!!! Even though my question was answered in the first post, I still didn't know why my logic was incorrect. Without reading a clear explanation it seemed that the ammo types would stack.

• The benefits of Shock Special Ammunition granted by Marksmanship are added to any other Special Ammunitions employed by the BS Weapon.
    • After a successful attack using Shock Special Ammunition, the target must make an ARM Roll.
    • After a successful attack using Plasma Special Ammunition, the target must make an ARM Roll and a BTS Roll.
    I thought they would stack but now I know why they don't according to the rules.

I now have total clarity and for that I thank you!

WarHound and toadchild like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation