1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chief Jeong - Immune to Hacking ?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Enolkys, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Enolkys

Enolkys Member

Hi all,

reading some threads and found this:
    -----=====------
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/invincible-army-tactica-n4-wip.38078/page-6

"Even then, I kinda like the Chief because if you are IMM due to a repeater nearby, he can go up and restore a ShanJi without harm, unlike Krit or a HaiDao. Krit FD is honestly so good I cannot see past him."
    CHIEF JEONG K1 Combi Rifle, AP Mines, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 29)

-----=====------
    Can some one help me find where in the army builder it says CHIEF JEONG is immune to hacking ?

Thanks

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

He is not immune to hacking, he is being referred to in such sense that he isn't a valid target for hacking programs that disable Heavy Infantry or TAGs like Oblivion.

Spotlight on the other hand is totally effective against him but won't prevent him from moving through a hacking zone.

For reference read the variable hacking programs and check what targets they may effect.

chromedog likes this.
  3. Enolkys

Enolkys Member

Thanks - I read the hacking programs and thought the Veteran tag or something was hidden in the Army builder.

You mean they are LI, it wasnt pointed out like that in the thread so I didnt follow it that well enough to pickup on the LI/HI difference.

4. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

He's not immune - can still be spotlighted, but at least he can still do the job he's there to do by crawling around next to a repeater.

5. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Yes. It was probably me in that quote or I was involved in the conversation, and you will note the other Engineers being discussed can be affected by Hacking programs that would “harm” them directly, like Oblivion, Carbonite.

The Chief, by not being a Hackable unit, is not, and can go up there and fix somebody without direct harm (Spotlight would affect him, but he can reset afterwards).

YueFei23 likes this.
  6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Alternatively just make a straight WIP roll for it rather than using Reset, being an Engineer after all.

Willen and Space Ranger like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation