1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

Chasing Dragon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Koin-Koin, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I found that GW-style gem effects are amazingly easy to do.

Crystals aren't much harder, just usually need really steady hands due to how small you need to paint the layers. I had to lay off the caffeine and even have a beer before painting to get my hands steady enough.

Koin-Koin likes this.
  2. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

The shards actually were much easier than I expected and build pretty much themselves.
    The process was quite forgiving too.

The real crystals on the base will something else due to the access difficulty.

3. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Harder than making eyes, you'd say?

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

No, eyes are much harder. Much less forgiving of mistakes, unless you're painting the eyes on chibis like Super Dungeon Explore.

5. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Yea, I just did another pair of eyes and I freaked out thinking I had screwed it up. I didn't but it was frightening. At least with crystals, if you screw up, you can cover. Eyes, you have one, maybe two attempts before there's just too much paint and you're out of luck.