1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charge of the Valkyrie

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Roadrunner7431, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

A very lively discussion/debate in the Discord channel has been going on. The majority opinion is that in the instance of her attack sending the enemy character to the Infirmary she loses the option to displace herself one space adjacent to the Target since the Target no longer resides in the Hexadome. I am in the minority opinion thinking that her displacing movement represents her momentum of the Charge and that she would have the option of displacing herself adjacent to the space that had been her Target when the action was declared.
    Also if she attacks a character that can displace, the majority opinion is that this deprives her of the charge displacement. I disagree. But I would interpret the situation that if her Target (such as 8Ball or Hexxer) succeeds in displacing two squares, she would only be allowed to displace once to a space that was adjacent to the space that the target occupied when the attack action was declared.

"Does a Mandatory double arrow Effect take precedence over the switches step ?" and Does the Target in Valkyries Charge refer to the Target space more than the actual character?"

Hoping for a ruling by -V- rather than further complex discussion

2. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

I would say she needs her target to finish the attack within 2 spaces, or else the requirements of her displacement are not met.

3. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Switches are activated before Effects take place. So, if target went to Infirmary or if target are 2+ Spaces away, Valkyrie can not Displace herself because she can not be Adjacent to her target.

This rule is a tool for Valkyrie so she can perform Frostbite next Round, and I'm afraid it's not intended to represent her momentum.

rag1n, volgo, Roadrunner7431 and 2 others like this.
  4. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

May a player using Charge of the Valkyrie choose to cause one less damage than would cause the Target to go into the Infirmary to keep the Target in the Hexadome for the "Displace adjacent to the Target?" This might come up say in the King of the Hill scenario if the Target with one hit point left is going to be trapped any way and sent to the Infirmary by one of Valkyrie's Allies.

5. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

• In the Effects step of the Attack, both Characters may use their unblocked :2: to cause the other that amount of :4:Damage.

Croepoek, treiral and Roadrunner7431 like this.
  6. Isidore

Isidore New Member

Hi.
    One more precision, please. Does the "may use their unblocked" rule apply to the final amount ? Or to each success individualy ?
    For example, if I have 3 success, do-I have to choose between 0 and 3 damages ? ou 2 is also OK ?

Thanks !

#6 Isidore, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation