1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Character adjustment

Discussion in 'Game Reports' started by SushiYumTumz, Sep 6, 2018.

1. SushiYumTumz

SushiYumTumz New Member

Parvati could seriously use a Buff... her heal is extremely underpowered after Padre.

I think currently 8 ball and parvati are the worst 2 characters. They cant all be good but parvati should really get the heal fixed atleast..

2. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

@SushiYumTumz You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Those of us who played with the core set characters for months before any expansion was released might say that Parvati's forte is flexibility. It only costs one action point to use MediKit and the :,: gives 2/3 chance of success. Many times there is one point left over in her activation given that her other actions cost two each and movement costs two, so that extra point for MediKit almost seems like a free bonus. Defending 8-Ball is a bit more difficult. His character specific swapping Tactics cards can be quite powerful for scoring. I have seen surprising two to three point victory point swings when he uses those tactics in the last activation of a round.

-V-, Flipswitch and unclesrouce like this.
  3. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

I'm sorry but I cannot agree...

If you take Parvati only for her heals, okay, Mendoza can surpass her (in number of raw life points healed)... But I'd like to see how can Mendoza deal with Burning states... Or with Venom states...

:3

4. volgo

volgo Usuario

And with 5 movement and potentially high initiative, Parvati make also a good scorer.
    She can do almost everything at a basic level, For me, she's still the best toolbox in the game.

Egape and Damiel like this.
  5. Frenchi861

Frenchi861 New Member

For 8-Ball, I am stil trying to figure this one out but Parvati, she is good. Her heal is not strong, but do ok, but she can take away all those states token. My brother tend to play a lot with Mendoza, and when you have 3 or 4 burning token on you, Parvati is great. The heal costing 1 is just a bonus.

I played her with Hannibal, Valkiry and 8-Ball yesterday. Thanks to Hannibal, her attack was 3 Orange and 1 Yellow, that's good. And she was able to activate out of turn to remove the a poisoned state token to save Hannibal. Her tactics are great too. The one that remove all the states on the bench, thanks to her, Valkiry and Hannibal just came back, full energy able to score and get me a frag.

6. Roadrunner7431

@Frenchi861 What a wonderful activation you described for Parvati! Another example of the surprisingly powerful synergies in this game. I for one am always entertained by these synergies even when I am on the losing end. It is good to see more different people contributing to this forum.

7. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

I find Parvati is solid with Hannibal, but I do find her a bit underwhelming without him, so I play them together generally. She is solid when you need to remove A LOT of states, but the downside is that you can't put positive states on your allies either.

8. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Yeah, Parvati is very flexible, healing, state reset, shooting. She does it all but isn't exceptional at anything. She does things Mendoza cannot.

I think 8-Ball needs a bit of love though. His dice options feel lacklustre(?). But I'm not sure how much the data agrees with my gut feeling.

9. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

It's a little sad Parvati didn't got a switch to heal in range or apply that initiative bonus to other characters. Often when she's attacked I'm all "Oh wait, switches", just to follow it with "I got none because I already got the initiative one" while looking all the pretty symbols unused in the dice.

10. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

It's a little sad Hannibal doesn't have switches at all... Sometimes switches are there to give an extra push to a character... And sometimes there aren't there because that character doesn't need it...

Precisely, talking about 8-Ball, there are the switches for making a round character... He deserved them, he got them, he works well with them

:3

11. Roadrunner7431

If there ever was a game that benefits from wider exposure it is this game. It seems that players at all levels keep learning interesting ways of using each character. When we play against only a limited field it is easy to think that certain characters are weak because we have never seen them used well. I am enjoying watching the TTS youtube battle reports in Spanish by Ecos del Hexadome such as . My Spanish is poor but you can follow the action.

12. gravitypool

gravitypool Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I digress. Parvati's best point is her extreme versatility. I can always find a spot for Parvati in a team, while I can only see Mendoza working on scenarios where players are massed together. The only point for me that could use a buff is her switch that is mostly irrelevant 80% of the time.

13. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

It discourages the opponent to attack unless they are absolutely certain to kill her, since she has no other use for her :3:, she will almost certainly get up to 6:Y:. Furthermore, she's REALLY good with Hannibal, as she can be activated out of sequence in and then get basically a perma 6 :Y:.

As for the OP, I hate the "git gud" argument but if your focus on Parvati is her healing, then you're simply using her wrong. She has good and stable firepower, decent :Y:(as soon as it gets 5+), good mobility and seriously strong cards. She fits almost all comps and scenarios and is designed to be a jack-of-all-trades kind of character.

Regarding 8-Ball, I consider him an auto include. His utility is beyond insane. Launching your own guys from the deployment zone or displacing enemies, he does it all. His :R: is absurd and even if I lose the brawl, I often end up getting a switch for a displace, so if you can predict the enemy path, you can move along and force another :Q: or the opponent is forced to go around him. This is not even speaking of the fact that he's just about the only character with 4 truly awesome tactics. All of them are either insanely good or game winning. Don't use him as a DPS, that's a failing strategy.

treiral, Egape, volgo and 2 others like this.
  14. tartopom

tartopom Well-Known Member

I think that considering Parvati as only a Heal profile is a mistake. She's more of a Swiss army knife. Her heal is low, but with her Nanoid Cloud, she becomes more efficient.

But she also has SMG Akimbo. And I have been glad that she had them more than once.

And last, but not least, the Reset is, IMO, one of her best features. :A:,:D:,:G:,:S:,:I:,:H: all removed in one action ? Hell yeah ! With an opponent as Mendoza or Dart, well, I'm happy I have her in my team.

Flipswitch and Roadrunner7431 like this.
  15. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

Parvati is is a great all-arounder. She has healing, status removal, a respectable low-cost ranged attack, and she generates 5 movement points her Move action. She also averages around 5 initative after the first turn. She can really be the glue in squad.

8-Balls problem is he is a tank that doesn't tank well.He's kind of in the same boat as Murtair, however, Murtair can rip non-melee characters' faces off. 8-Balls Tactics cards are more versatile than Murtair's tactics though.

16. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

He's more of an a fleshy support I think than a tank, he hasn't really got anything to help him tank other than his ability to set up the board pieces and being able to move barriers around.

17. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

I agree, he's also more of a linebacker, more specifically a SLB to hold scorers, or move them around.

18. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

No matter how you describe 8-Ball's job in the game, his inability to deal with damage in the game usually keeps him sidelined.

Flipswitch likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation