1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CC and Super Jump

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by m2cat, May 20, 2018.

1. m2cat

m2cat Active Member

[​IMG]
    This situation occurred not a long ago at local tournament.
    My brave Ikadron(I) was standing on the stairs while Antipode Assault Pack (A) advanced around the corner. Poor dogs didn't have even Chain Rifles to attack Ikadron from distance so had to tear him with teeth'n'claws. But REM was positioned quite wise: stairs were to narrow for 40mm base to be placed in b-t-b (positions A1 and A2), building was to high to attack from the roof (position A3) and Ikadron was not touching stairs parapet to be attacked from another side (position A4).
    After a few moments thinking, Ariadna player orders Assault Pack to make a 6" SuperJump across the stairs and CC Attack Ikadron while their cylinders/silhouettes intersected in the air. Both judges allowed this and I've let it go. Ikadron AROed with Light Flamer, and took one of the dogs but was torn apart.
    It was really interesting and cinematic skills combination, but the more I think the more doubts I have that this was legal. I've made a search both in new and old rules forums and didn't find any clues to settle down this case.So I ask for help: Would you qualify this as legal or illegal?

Pros: Super Jump is allowed to combine with any other Short Skill including CC Attack. Base to Base contact was achieved when silhouettes touched/intersected in the air.

Cons: There were no Engagement, so no CC Attack would be possible. One cannot move in-move out from BtB and perform a CC Attack. Your movement stops immediately when you reach BtB to receive Engagement state and Antipodes should end their Super Jump the moment they touched Ikadron to perform a CC Attack. Since there was "no place for 40 mm base bubble" around Ikadron, it was perfectly positioned to avoid CC slaughter.

Thanks for your attention!

Wolf likes this.
  2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Yeah that doesn't work. Once you're engaged, you can't continue to traverse a jump/super-jump... you *can* fall, though, since falling doesn't use the standard movement rules. But you're not allowed to fall to a position where your base cannot fit; if you try to do so, you "rewind" the jump back to the first place you could legally fall. So it looks like there's no legal position for the Antipodes to melee the Ikadron there.

xagroth and chromedog like this.
  3. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

4. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

yup not legal,

TOs word is law at events mind but you'll know for next time

inane.imp likes this.
  5. m2cat

m2cat Active Member

Thanks!

It carried a Supply Box.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation