1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB Archive: Diorama in scratch - The Alien Trophy

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Wizzy, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Indexation and fastranslation of the tutorial article from Corvus Belli that was lost during their site transfer. :sunglasses::fist:

Diorama in scratch - The Alien Trophy

[​IMG]
    Autor ?

This diorama was created after seeing some scenery pieces released by Micro Art Studio, notably the alien consoles and antennas (ref. T00058 and T00060), which gave me the idea to create a scene with a motorbike with repulsors.

[​IMG]

The chassis of the bike is made up of these two pieces properly cut to build the basic bodywork, that I managed to develop. Later, using a box of plastic model bits and some photoetched sheets used to add detail to model aircraft, I was able to achieve the look of a motorbike propelled by repulsors (see note)*.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The most creative part of this process was the selection of the parts needed to give the bike a satisfactory finish, due to the number of parts I went through to achieve the desired look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When the bike was nearing its final appearance, I decided to use it as a complementary element of a diorama that would feature the first Umbra of our miniature range, the Umbra Legates of the Combined Army Starter Pack. For inspiration, I used one of the illustrations from the Infinity N3 sourcebook in which the Umbra is about to execute a human in front of Morat troops.

However, I decided to move this scene forward in time, and placed the Umbra savouring his trophy before placing it in one of the motorbike's trunks.

[​IMG]

To make this trunk, I first cut one side of the console to preserve the details. Then I used a Dremel to cut out a space, and with some thin sheets of Plasticard, used as dividers, I created an open compartment, so that another head could be seen inside. Then I finished this trunk with the original piece that I removed, adapting it to emulate a sliding lid that could be opened to any side of the bike.

[​IMG]

The base of this diorama has a lot of vegetation to create the floating effect of the repulsor motorbike by hiding the transparent rod that holds the motorbike, camouflaged in a plant.

[​IMG]

To complete the scene, I added two Morat troops to link the composition of the diorama with the original illustration I came up with.

[​IMG]

Finally, I placed the base of the diorama on a pedestal with an onyx Contact Force brooch to add a little more distinction to the whole piece.

I hope you like this diorama and that it inspires you to create your own. These are small challenges that will look great on your display shelves!

[​IMG]

*Repulsor: A generic term used to refer to any compact VFTOL (vertical flight, take-off and landing) technology. Note from Sibylla, your guide to the Human Sphere.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation