1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Casual Bakunin list

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Sei, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Sei

Sei New Member

Made with new models mostly.
    As I'm rather new to the rules, I would like to know if my list looks plausible.

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Bakunin
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] TASKMASTER Heavy Rocket Launcher, Light Shotgun, CrazyKoalas / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 47)
    [​IMG] RIOT GRRL Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 33)
    [​IMG] RIOT GRRL Boarding Shotgun, Stun Grenades + TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    [​IMG] RIOT GRRL Combi Rifle, Blitzen, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 6)
    [​IMG] DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 6)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Spitfire / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 15)
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 17)
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] ZERO (Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] ZERO Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

What do you think?

2. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Looks good.
    Personally I'd deploy one full Combat group. Also the Riot Grrls don't really need the TinBot if they're only dwelling in you deployment zone whilst shooting everything into pieces with an ML.
    What's your plan with the Moderators? Right now they seem to be more midfield orientated which is pretty risky if you drag the Lt. with them.

And in general: if you're new to the rules I'd suggest to play smaller games with a limited amount of special rules. That makes your first games more fluent and fun.

3. Sei

Sei New Member

Thank you for the insight.

What is the benefit of having a full combat group? I was worried my second group would lack orders and could not decide who to put in the second group.

Yes, the moderator fireteam was going to be my swiss knife. Hide around the middle of the board, not being the main thread but waiting late game to finish the job.

Would you recommend a lone lieutenant hiding by himself?

Taskmaster and Riot Grrls were the focus and since they are quite expensive, the rest of the list was decided with the leftovers points.

I really like the zero though. Depending on the mission, they come in a wide variety of profiles which very useful to create late minute lists.

4. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

Your list is reasonable, but in Infinity it's possible to be *too* well-rounded. You've covered all the bases, but some of the features you've included aren't fully implemented, so to say.

The biggest priority writing a list is the mission, but even without that I can point out some stuff to think about.

• Tinbot. If the riot girls shoot from the deployment zone, it's not needed... nobody will ever get to them. If they advance, they need it more. In my experience, this particular team (ML, combi, BSG) advances pretty well, so I'd get aggressive.
    • Moderator Hacker. This guy is low horsepower and people normally take him to allow remotes and use supportware for the lowest possible cost. You have no remotes, so he is not very efficient.
    • Clockmaker. You don't have any remotes to repair, so his function is 90% to lift status effects from your heavy infantry. This is important, but not if your HI's stand around in your deployment zone and shoot.
    • Moderator LT. This guy is perfectly fine in his own right, but man is he easy to kill. In my experience, moderators are turn 3 superstars, but don't ask much of them before then. It's risky to move a moderator LT up early in the game.
    • Order groups. Expensive models need supporting orders. I'd arrange it like this:

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
      [​IMG] MODERATOR Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 17)
      [​IMG] MODERATOR Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 11)
      [​IMG] TASKMASTER Heavy Rocket Launcher, Light Shotgun, CrazyKoalas / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 47)
      [​IMG] RIOT GRRL Boarding Shotgun, Stun Grenades + TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3
      [​IMG] ZERO (Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
      [​IMG] ZERO Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army
    Moderators go with the Riots and Taskmaster. They feed cheap orders to the HI to do work. The clockmaker stays here because he is least likely to be needed.

The second group is the zeroes, doctor, and morlocks. The doctor fixes anyone who gets unlucky in group 1 during the active turn, without sucking up their resources. Zeroes can work as a team to set something up with the AHD. Morlock irregular orders are available to be converted, so if something *has* to get done you won't come up short.

Sei likes this.
  5. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

It looks like you are planning on a Moderator Core and a Riot Grrl trio link. If you want to have both links active at once you will need the Haris Riot Grrl profile instead of the plain Combi profile you have. Luckily the cost difference fits perfectly into your spare SWC and points.

Robock and Sei like this.
  6. Sei

Sei New Member

Thank you so much, this is really helpful. It gives me a better overall vision of the rules. I'll go back and study a bit.

7. Sei

Sei New Member

Right... I need the Haris one. Thanks.

8. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

A full combat group gives you ten orders to spend, that's all. With a bit of practice you'll soon find ways to support your main combat group with troops from the other combat group. With a Taskmaster in your list you're still good with putting only nine orders in one to use the Taskmaster's Free Agent skill properly. Definitely a good idea is to keep the Morlocks in different combat groups - that way you're able send the one in your main combat group with 11 orders on a suicide mission. If the Morlock dies you have a free spot for the Taskmaster as well and by chance a few dead enemy troops .

Putting your lone Lt. prone on a rooftop is never a bad choice if it's a Moderator. A whole fireteam can't be hidden that easy especially not in the midfield with a possible bunch of mine-bearing infiltrators or the general need to put troops there in order to fulfill objectives. Another thing is the Hacker in a link: you give your opponent the perfect opportunity to bypass the main benefits (BS+3, B+1) of your link when attacking.

Zeros are awesome. You can't do anything wrong if you choose them :)

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] MODERATOR Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 13)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] RIOT GRRL Boarding Shotgun, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] RIOT GRRL (Fireteam: Haris) Combi Rifle, Blitzen, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
    [​IMG] WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#8 Tristan228, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Robock, Sei and helsbecter like this.
  9. helsbecter

This x10. Zeroes are the best unit of their kind in any faction. They are lean, efficient, and pretty much impossible to regret. Always take some

Sei likes this.
  10. Sei

Sei New Member

How so?

And again, thank you for all the insight. It gave me the opportunity to go check everything in the rules.

11. helsbecter

Link teams get a bunch of bonuses that make them scary. +1 burst for three members, sixth sense L2 for four members, and +3 BS for a full five. None of those help when hacking, so a hacker in a 5-man team can be a weak point for someone trying to undermine the team.

With moderators this probably won't come up, since even at full strength any good unit can smack them down. With, say, a five-member Moira team that's almost unbeatable in shooting, having your hacker targeted is a real problem.

Sei likes this.
  12. Sei

Sei New Member

New list trying to take your sensible comments into account:

+ I got rid of one Zondbot and one Morlock to be able to get a Reaktion Zond (to make better use of my Clokmaker)

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] RIOT GRRL (Fireteam: Haris) Combi Rifle, Blitzen, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation