1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbonite vs Camouflage

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Lawson, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Does a successful Carbonite Hacking Program cause the hacked figure to cancel Camouflage?
    I would presume the answer is YES if Carbonite is considered an "attack" (per the cancellation rules for camouflage). I can't find anywhere in the manual that actually explicitly calls it an attack, but it does have a 'damage' characteristic (13) and an 'attack mod' (of 0).

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

That clause is for Camouflage Markers that have been hit by Mines.

You can’t use Carbonite against a Camouflage Marker in the same way that you can’t normally shoot them:
    • You cannot declare Attacks against Camouflaged Markers, it is necessary to Discover that Marker first, unless otherwise specified by a rule or Skill.
    Comms Attacks are still Attacks, see the Glossary for the Comms Attack Label, http://infinitythewiki.com/index.php?title=Labels#Comms_Attack

Comms Attack
    The use of this weapon, Special Skill, or piece of Equipment is considered an Attack that cannot be avoided with the Dodge Special Skill, but instead with the Reset Short Skill.

chromedog likes this.
  3. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Ah, I forgot that the the reason you can't attack a camo marker is not technically because it denies LoF, but rather because it explicitly can't be attacked. I assumed that since hacking can happen within the hacking area even without LoF under normal circumstances, it meant that the hacking program could 'see' the signature of any figure, even one that was cloaked. Thanks for the clarification.

ijw likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation