1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture & Protect: IA vs Steel Phalanx

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Joametz, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Hi nice people, we are having a little league and I'm playing against a friend fielding Steel Phalanx.

The main idea is to have two linked Haidao snipers, a Rui Shi and a hacker to buff it up. Since I need a HD I thought the reliable Daoying gal L2 was a nice option and I added a Mowang NCO to have another way of taking advantage of the Lt. orders... But I'm having trouble deciding how to round up the list:

Capture & Protect: core idea
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    PANGGULING FTO (Repeater) Light Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)
    MÓWÁNG (NCO) Red Fury, Akrylat-Kanone / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 52)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)

6 SWC | 266 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I was thinking about:
    1. Adding a Zhencha to climb down of a roof and taking the objective, or...
    2. A Liu Xing to drop behind their defenses/nabing the beacon late, or...
    3. The other option is fielding a Lu Duan and disguise it as a Panggu to cover my own beacon with a HFT (and getting a Chaiyi + Warcor to get more orders)

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

2. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Well for me could be both Lu Duan and Zhencha. Two sniper haidao can be a bit too much (SP still have eclipse smoke). You could try to swap this second haidao for something a bit more cheap like a Son Bae Yakong and then pick the Lu Duan and the zhencha ( a shotgun Liu Xin, works well against Sp to).

Something like this:
    [​IMG]

ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    SHÀNG JÍ (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower + TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 43)
    TAI SHENG Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 45)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Notice i swaped the Mowang for Tai Sheng just for personal preference, i love she specially in Haris with low risk of overextending.

The point of the list in deffence is to force SP out of spitfire range forcing them to spend ordrers throwing smoke. If you go first use the Zhencha to kill enemy menaces like macaon and deploy some nasty mines to force the mirmidons to dodge. Rui Shi to attack and a lu ruan to deff until the Rui Shi is dead.

More or less this is my idea, sorry for the long post

#2 krossaks, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Joametz likes this.
  3. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I understand your argument and It's a valid one: two Haidaos MSR might be a little bit too much, but it's the one thing I want to try out no matter what this time.

Tai Sheng might be a good way to round up the Haris (and change gears once you need to go on the offensive), it pains me that I can't add her, a Lu Duan and a Zhencha to the list (it ends up going one point over 300 :facepalm:)... I can add a second Rui Shi, though:

ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    TAI SHENG Breaker Combi Rifle, Chain-colt + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 45)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Although it's probably better to get some more cheap orders in there and move the Haris to the second group:

Capture & Protect: moar orders

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4
    TAI SHENG Breaker Combi Rifle, Chain-colt + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 45)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

What do you think?

4. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

I feel your pain bro. Maybe you could swap the Zhencha for a Liu Xiu shotgun to win this point.

For me, the moar order one but probably with the Zencha in the first group. I usually try to rambo hard with it if i can find and spot. Then, the haris +warcor in the second group. During the first round the haris role could be defensive and later, you could move some regular to the second one or Tai Sheng to the first one.

The only problem is not having a KDH in all the army, if your oponen go full hacking, but against SP i think you could take the risk (not too many AHD).

Joametz likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation