1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canisters on Vet Kazak backpack

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by TacNuke, Jan 12, 2021.

1. TacNuke

TacNuke Member

I’ve always been curious, and am about to paint one - but what the hell are those canisters on the vet Kazak backpacks? I think Spetznas have them too...

2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

One of the Spetsnaz has the cannister connected with a hose to the back of his... headgear. IMO it would make more sense if it was the front of his mask, but still: my guess is it is a breathing gas cannister (air tank). The size and color reminds me of composite / kevlar oxygen bottles one could see in an ambulance-grade aid kit (well, or the R-1 first aid bag, standard equipment of medically-trained emergency services, like the Fire Brigade, where I live).

Does it make sense for me? From a realistic point of view, no. Veteran Kazak's tank is not connected to his mask. It is also placed very high, on the top of his backpack, and thus exposed to enemy fire.
    Neither Veteran Kazaks nor Spetsnaz have any BTS that this could've been representing.

Have a look at the older Veteran Kazak sculpts. They had elements of clothing rolled and attached to the tops of their backpacks, one apparently having a quilted poncho liner / woobie, the other having something more plain-textured (a poncho / shelter half - maybe even a plastch-palatka, or simply a rolled-up blanket, if he's very old-school).

#2 Errhile, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    Stiopa likes this.
  3. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Guess you could think of things like oxygen for high altitude low opening parachute drops (BS Spetz), or for oxygen (or propellant) whilst using Flamethrowers (Vet Kaz), sure we could think of other things too :)

4. McKaptain

McKaptain Well-Known Member

No idea. I painted mine red.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation