1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you stand on repeater markers?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by sugarcourt, Mar 17, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugarcourt

sugarcourt New Member

Hi, in a recent game I had my hellcat walk along a building so that they could peek out and shoot at the enemy with partial cover.
    But there was a repeater right where I wanted my hellcat to be, and that’s where I got really confused.
    Can you stand on a repeater marker? The rule does specify that you can walk/vault over obstacles that are smaller than you, but it doesn’t exactly say you can stand on them.
    At first I thought you can, but you can’t stand over a unit that’s in prone state, so I’m not sure anymore.
    Sorry if this question was answered before. Thanks!

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Being a permissive rule set, the rules do not state that you are allowed to and as such you are not allowed to. Additionally, the Move skill dictate that you need to have your base fully supported at all times, which another game element would prevent. Also keep in mind that if it is an enemy repeater your movement would also immediately end your movement when entering base to base contact with it.

sugarcourt, Zewrath and inane.imp like this.
  3. sugarcourt

sugarcourt New Member

Ah, ok. That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the answer!

4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Since they are neither troopers (that you either become Engaged by or can move through) nor terrain that you can stand on, they are obstacles. So you are permitted to vault them.

Robock and sugarcourt like this.
  5. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Who marked this as solved?

6. sugarcourt

sugarcourt New Member

Oops I did sorry. I thought I had to mark it as solved once people gave reasonable answers. Will fix right away.

7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Alternatively, from the January 2019 FAQ:

Q: Can a trooper move through allied Markers like Camouflage, TO Camouflage and IMP Markers, or his own Deployable Equipment and Deployable Weapons?
    A:
    Yes, if the trooper’s Silhouette Attribute is equal or greater.

8. Mahtamori

Game's complicated enough that even the best of us occasionally give the wrong answers, so we let CB do the marking if it is correct :)

9. Mahtamori

Yes, that's a good complement, rules could be a bit clearer on stopping on top of equipment or weird terrain in the basic rules section :s

10. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

You can move across your own mine as long as you do not stop on top of it.

Meaning you can drop a mine at a corner and then peak around said corner to shot while still keeping cover as long as you also move back in the se order.

At least that is how we have always played it. Not sure if that carries over to repeaters and don’t ask me to point out the exact wording in the rules either.

Edit: ninjad by ijw, great that the faq clears this, had missed that it did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation