1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use "Targetted" general switches in defense rolls ?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Squale, May 28, 2020.

1. Squale

Squale New Member

Hello everyone,

Am I correct to assume that you can only use general switches that specify "(...) on the Target" only when you are the active player ?

Let's take an example. Eclypse's general switch says "Impose the Marked State on the Target".

My opponent is activating Miyamoto Musashi and he's attacking Eclypse, which is controlled by me. Eclypse is of course the target of this attack, and he rolls his attack dice, and I'm rolling my dice as the defender in the face to face roll.

But I don't see anywhere in the reference book a sentence saying that Musashi (as the active player) is also the "target" of the roll I do as the defender.

So am I correct to assume that I cannot activate Eclypse general switch on defense, because, as I'm not the active character in that face-to-face roll, only Musashi have a valid "target" ?

Thanks for your answers !

Regards,
    Squale

2. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

Remember that, when there's a Combat or Disengage Roll, each participant takes the opposite as Objective, thus fulfilling the requisites of "the Target"

From the Wiki ("Attack" entry)

From the Wiki ("Disengage" entry)

Hope this helps!!

:3

(Edit: in your example, Eclypse can Mark Musashi, as he is Eclypse's Target for the Combat Roll, even when defending)

3. Squale

Squale New Member

Thanks for the clarification. It is perfectly clear.

Squale

4. Squale

Squale New Member

My only complain would be that the Wiki and the Reference Guide do not have the same text. :-/

In the wiki for the Disengage action, it is specified "In the Face to Face Roll to Disengage, both Characters are considered Targets to one another."

But in the reference guide itself, that sentence is nowhere to be found in the Disengage section. :-(

5. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

I'm assuming you talk about the printed version... The one that says, in its very first page

In the end, although you have a printed reference for ease of checking, it's quite recommendable to go one step further and use the Wiki as first and foremost rules check (as it is stated as the official rules reference)... It also has the FAQ embedded, btw

:3

6. Squale

Squale New Member

No, I don't meant the printed book, I just downloaded the 1.3 reference guide in the download section of the website, and that sentence is not present in the PDF file as well.

But I'll use the wiki for future reference, thanks again.

Squale

7. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Noted down for the next update. Thank you!

:wink:

inane.imp and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  8. Squale

Squale New Member

My thanks to you, -V- !

-V- likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation