1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I split burst with Triangulated Fire?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Jonno, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Jonno

Jonno Well-Known Member

REMs with FO and Sensor have been buffed so I expect to see Triangulated Fire more often, so I wanted to clarify this before discussing it at the table.

Triangulated Fire:
    Requirements:
    The user must have LoF to the target.
    Effects:
    Allows the user to declare a BS Attack with one of his BS Weapons against a target within LoF by making a BS-3 Roll, ignoring all other MODs (Range, Cover, Special Skills such as Mimetism...).

BS Attack:
    Requirements:
    Be able to draw Line of Fire (LoF) to the target of the BS Attack in the location you are attacking it, unless the BS Weapon, Skill or piece of Equipment used doesn't require LoF. LoF gained from being in Silhouette contact does not count for this Requirement.
    Effects:
    The user employs his BS Attribute (or Attribute specified by the weapon) to fire upon one or more enemies.
    If the attacker has more than one target and a BS Weapon, Special Skill or piece of Equipment with a Burst value higher than 1, they must distribute their attacks as part of the BS Attack declaration. (See FAQs & Errata.)

They both have the same requirements, indicating only a single target, but then in the effects of BS Attack it specifically mentions "one or more enemies." Triangulated Fire specifies "against a target", implying it me that the answer is no, you cannot split burst with Triangulated Fire.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I do not see any rule that would make Triangulated Fire work differently with the rules for Burst.
    https://infinitythewiki.com/Combat_Module_Intro#Burst_.28B.29

As you are given a general permission to divide burst among several targets, a situation that would deny you this have to involve a rule that denies this permission - e.g. you are declaring an ARO, then the rules for ARO dictates that the permission. Triangulated doesn't seem to do that so go ahead and split hai- burst.

tox likes this.
  3. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Agree with @Mahtamori. If there is no specification, you follow the general rules.

4. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

Not just that; triangulated fire with maybe Major luna splitting on 2 different targets to make maximum use of the surprise shot or whilst shooting through saturation zones

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation