1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a trooper who has a CC weapon use Bare-Handed instead?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Gunmage, Mar 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

I'm pretty sure I've seen a ruling allowing this, but I can't find it anymore.
    The case that inspired the question this time was this: some TAGs can hit AC2 with their EXP or DA (and thus Anti-Material) weapons, others - with their fists (as specified in season 10 missions), but, for example, Guija and Xeodrone have AP CCW and Heavy Pistol, which are not inherently Anti-Material, but having them, technically, makes them unqualified for the whole "has no CC weapon" clause.

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

See also Raoul/EM CCW Morlock when the target is already EM'd: he's got better odds slap fighting. No ruling but consensus is yes.

3. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Is Bare-handed a CC capable weapon the model is equipped of? Yes.
    Should a model equipped with 5401652 different CC capable weapons be able to choose one of those when performing a CC Attack? Well, it's the purpose of bringing all of them along....

inane.imp likes this.
  4. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

But Bare-Handed isn't Anti-Material?

Why? The damage is PH-2 with Bare-Handed.
    Maybe you mixed E/M SSW with E/M Ammunition, because the Ammo is just E/M, but with CCW it is N + E/M, so CCW is still better than Bare-Handed because the damage is higher.

5. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Because of CC over 20. Criticals with E/M CCW are weird. Auto E/M effect + roll for wound. Bare handed gets auto wound.

daszul, inane.imp and Robock like this.
  6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

In Looting and Sabotaging Bare-handed attacks by TAGs vs the AC2 gain the Anti-Material trait.

daszul and colbrook like this.
  7. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Ah, I see.
    Thanks for the explanations!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation