1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camos and deployment skills

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Datep, Aug 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Datep

Datep New Member

1) When I deploying zero outside of my deployment zone, am i have to declare this camo marker use his infiltration skill? or just declare he has kind of deployment skills?

2) What about use infiltration skill and deployments in the enemy half of the game table. Should I told marker's PH to opponent? or just makes normal roll and shares the result? like initiative roll?

3) Last question. If I have to declare skills when camo marker use his own skills in deployment phase, how about minelayer? Should I have told him like "my camouflage model have minelayer skill and I use it"?

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

1) The skill used is still a property of the unit in question and will remain private information. All you need to do is properly present the relevant markers so that your opponent can note them down and verify once you are revealed.
    2) You do not need to declare the unit's PH value, this is private information. You DO need to declare if you crit the roll, however, just like the initiative roll.
    3) Minelayer is a deployment skill, it is not a skill that you can declare, so its use will be private - just like how the camouflage state allows you to deploy in said state without specifically informing your opponent. Remember to inform your opponent about the markers combat group and the number of disposable charges left when you reveal the unit.

Datep likes this.
  3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

1) You don't have to declare which skill you're using. You do have to tell your opponent which zone you deployed in. So if they ask "did you deploy that within 8" of your DZ?" and you say "no," they know you didn't use forward deployment L2. If you say "yes," then they don't know whether you used FD2, or used Infiltration but chose to leave it further back.

2) They see the result of the roll and you tell them whether it was a pass, fail, or crit. But not what the target number was (but if it was a crit then they will know the target).

3) Nope, that's private information.

Datep likes this.
  4. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

Deployment rules aren’t very well written. It’s unclear when exactly during deployment phase any deployment skill is declared. You have to negotiate with your opponent before every game how the rules work in that game.

For example the creation of fireteams during deployment phase uses identical language to minelayer, parachutist, prone etc. However, there is a common house rule that all fireteams can be created after last figure step. For some reason mines can’t be deployed or troopers set prone after last figure step.

5. QueensGambit

@Tanan I don't think there's anything unclear about the answers to the OP's questions.

6. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

Part 3) isn’t clear at all. Here are some questions you need to figure out answers yourself.

- Can all mines be deployed at the same when fireteams are declared by that very common houserule?
    - Can minelayer mine be deployed before the trooper? If not, do you have to deploy the minelayer mine immediately after the trooper?
    - Does minelayer have to measure ZoC when deploying mine? If yes, do you have tell your opponent that you are measuring ZoC for a skill?

7. QueensGambit

None of those questions was asked by the OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation