1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camo and Mines

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Board, Nov 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Board

Board New Member

Hi! My friend and I are new so this may be an obvious answer we've missed.

I've seen in a couple of places that when you lay a mine from a camo state as an aro or normal action that it reveals your trooper.

However we can only find rules that say you reveal if you do something other than short order movement skill or a skill that requires a dice roll. Obviously laying a mine needs no dice bit remaining in camo seems very strong.

Can you give us some clarification? Cheers!

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

First cancellation clause. AP Mine skill is a regular Short Order / ARO, and as such not a Short Movement Skill nor the Cautious Movement skill

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Camouflaged

Cancellation
    A trooper's Camouflaged state is canceled, and its Marker replaced by its model, whenever:
    • The Camouflaged trooper declares a Skill other than Cautious Movement or a Short Movement Skill that does not require a Roll (except Alert).
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Mines#Anti-Personnel_Mines

MINES SHORT SKILL / ARO
    Attack

Board likes this.
  3. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Quoting of the cancelation clause of Camouflaged (just replaced bullet point by number):
    A trooper's Camouflaged state is canceled, and its Marker replaced by its model, whenever:
    1. The Camouflaged trooper declares a Skill other than Cautious Movement or a Short Movement Skill that does not require a Roll (except Alert).
    2. Following the previous, the Camouflaged trooper declares a Surprise Attack or a Surprise Shot.
    3. The Camouflaged trooper enters base to base contact with a model.
    4. The Camouflaged trooper is successfully Discovered.
    5. The Camouflaged trooper receives a successful hit that forces him to make an ARM/BTS Roll, or a Critical hit, without previous Discovery (by means of an Intuitive Attack, a Template Weapon whose target was a nearby model, etc.)
    6. The Camouflaged trooper becomes Impetuous (due to the Frenzy Characteristic or any other effect) or enters Retreat! state In either case, the trooper's CH Level is downgraded to CH: Mimetism. The trooper recovers his original CH Level when the Retreat! situation is canceled. However, the trooper does not revert to the Camouflaged state. To regain the Camouflaged state, the trooper must follow the Activation rules.
    To lay a mine in ARO or active you use this skill :
    Capture.PNG

This skill is an attack so it's a skill "other than Cautious Movement or a Short Movement Skill that does not require a Roll" (point 1 above) so camo is cancelled

You are confusing "short movement skill that does not require a roll" and "skill that does not require a roll"

Laying a mine require no roll but it's not a short movement skill

Board likes this.
  4. Board

Board New Member

Thank you both.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation