1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cadmus & Exclusion zone

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Cannon Fodder, Jan 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

Assuming a successful AD Role and placement outside of exclusion zone, can a Cadmus use its decoys to be placed in an exclusion zone.

upload_2020-1-15_8-56-24.png

The Decoy ability is not listed on the exclusion zone rules.

I had a game yesterday where I deviated off the table and had to deploy on my table edge. Then used the decoy ability to reach an objective. In this scenario I was definitely able to do it due to dispersion, but it seams odd that its better to fail a role than to succeed.

2. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Automatic when deployed, placing the two Decoy Markers and the model on the game table, within Coherency of each other. Players must respect the general conditions of the Decoy user's Deployment rules.

Since the cadmus Airborne Deployment is restricted, the Decoys are bound by the same rule.

Same reason you could not deploy a decoy outside of your deployment on troopers that don't have any sort of deployment skills (such as Helots for example)

- - - - -

Now the fact that the zone is not used when suffering from a Dispersion would indeed mean that in a exclusion zone mission, failing your roll gives you a chance of getting a more advantageous position. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

WarHound, chromedog and ijw like this.
  3. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I do not believe this is actually allowed. Since the decoys have to obey the user's deployment rules, including the rules concerning dispersing off of the table, all decoy markers must be in contact with the table edge (but not necessarily right next to each other).

WarHound, JoKeR, Diphoration and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation