1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cadin or Regular Wulver in Vanilla

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Duront, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Duront

Duront Well-Known Member

Hey all! I am starting a vanilla Ariadne army and I was curious whether to run my defiance cadin as a normal wulver or actually as cadin. It seems like a regular MK12 wulver would be overall more useful but I wanted to hear everyone's opinions.

Thank you!

2. AkiPL

AkiPL Active Member

why not AP Spitfire one?

in my opinion they are: AP Spitfire > Mk12 > Cadin > regular Wulvers

3. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

Cadin is not a primary gunfire unit. He's a mid field seek and destroy or defensive counter punch piece.

He's no slouch in shooting and the T2 rifle means he is still a threat even to beefier pieces, though lacks the range of the two heavy weapon Wulvers.

So for seek and destroy you pick one thing that has to die and Cadin will probably be able to get to it and put in in the ground. There are very few CC pieces that punch at his weight level. (And most other CC pieces won't be able to stand toe to toe with him anyhow.) That extra wound can often mean he will make that last rush. Or be able to trade a wound easily with his CC29 berserk. Dam15 AP+T2 crit is death for about anything it hits. T2 having Anti-Material also means he's an ideal unit to destroy static objectives.

Counter Punching is a midfield use for him. Especially in tight quarters and corners. His 4 inch dodge move on 11's. (14 in sectoral link teams) mean that around a corner or in a maze/building anyone that approaches inside his bubbles. Is gonna have one very angry Wulver leaping around the corner and into thier face.
    Actively you can use this to engage dug in pieces out of sight or pieces that were covered by other enemies.

The other Wulvers can do some of these to a lesser level. Though not attacking the static objectives.

Wallace can also do a lot of what Cadin does. But is faster(but no climbing plus), better gun fighter, provides smoke, and not rolling a crit; does more reliable CC damage against lighter units.

I'd also suggest taking the Unknown Ranger if you are looking for an Mk12/AP Spitfire. He doesn't counter punch as easy as Cadin or Wallace(though the margins are slim.) But does every thing else worlds better than all of those units. And pushes buttons too.

If you are just looking at a climbing mid long range gunfighter to get into tricky spots. Then go for the AP spitfire Wulver. Other wise I'll still stick to the above points.

(Also know this went outside of just Cadin and the Wulver. But thought I'd make the other comparisons anyways.)

mightymuffin likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation