1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BS Guided Nox sniper. Anyone tried him?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Cranky Old Man, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Cranky Old Man

Cranky Old Man Well-Known Member

Just looking through the shas list and saw the profile for the bs guided nox trooper. Seems pretty cool to me. Has anyone tried him?

glsKc2hhc3Zhc3RpaQYyMTAyMjKBLAIBCgGFDAEEAAKCEAEFAAOCBAEDAASCBAEEAAWB9QEIAAaB9QEFAAeB9wEDAAiB/wEBAAmCFQEBAAqFCgELAAIEAYUQAQIAAoUQAQIAA4UQAQIABIUQAQIA

maybe find the points to add a missile bot to truly take advantage of spotlight.

Golem2God likes this.
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

You got your answer by the crickets. :stuck_out_tongue:
    It's redundant. Why take it when you can take a much better T-Drone? Better BS, movement, cheaper, EXP. Etc.

3. Foux

Foux Member

IMHO You can reduce models (and cost) by filling two roles in one guy. Nox guided sniper will fill both sniper and guided role.
    It might be more efficient in hunting rooftop dudes without spending orders on spot-nuke.

4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I can understand that thought, but there's other much better troops for the same thing. A Shrouded MSR is only 3pts more and adds so much more than if you happen to get something targeted. The T-Drone in a fireteam can almost do the same thing for less. I don't want anyone to not try it out though! Sometimes you just need to see what works for you.

Note: I'm talking stand alone. Not as part of a link.

#4 Space Ranger, Feb 28, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
  5. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

I always want to take the Nox guided sniper and look for a reason to take it, but the T drone is just better, higher BS, better damage weapon* (AP+EXP if not raw DAM 15) practically the same range bands and can still be in the 5 man team. Advantages of the nox are the 16-24" rangeband and the fact that not firing guided it can be burst 3 in a team.

This doesn't feel like a 4pt upgrade from a model with better BS, better move and a more situationally useful gun in the roll it'd be used for. a simple fix would be to give it mimetism/ BS attack shock/ marksmanship to give it some sort of edge or offer a tool the T-drone, Haiduk or shrouded doesn't already offer, honestly maybe even BS attack (guided +1B) so the sniper rifle has an advantage over the ML (that however sounds horribly unbalanced)

Space Ranger likes this.
  6. hawx

hawx New Member

Personally I love the Nox guided sniper, he's in my goto Haris along with dukash and a Nox SMG hacker. The main draw, he's got stealth the drone does not. He provides some long range assistance getting up the board but also synergises very well with the hacker. If there's a roadblock behind a wall it's pretty easy to spotlight and dump a DA round down.

theresponsibleone likes this.
  7. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

That is a Core nonetheless. Noxes can only do Core Fireteams.

El tito Zylito likes this.
  8. hawx

hawx New Member

3 man core to be precise

9. Foux

Foux Member

There is a Nox Paramedic you can join to the link with no Engineer option.

10. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

It's bad.

The Nox fireteam is poor and forces you to give up a lot of what makes Shasvastii good in order to fit it in your list.

He's a terrible solo piece as well.

Any SWC spent on something that isn't amazing in Shasvastii is a waste of SWC imo. It's already hard to justify the sectorial over vanilla, it's nearly impossible if you don't carefully optimize their strength. You often just end up with a bad vanilla list otherwise.

Lesh' likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation