1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bringing the RM-100 to the table

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Teleute, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

It has always bugged me that we never got Ariadna's old TAG, the RM-100. It's a Chekhov's Gun situation: it was mentioned so I want it used, even if just as table scenery without rules. At this point I honestly think Corvus Belli has moved on from the RM-100 idea, so I finally bit the bullet and commissioned an artist, Kays Kadar (Xayzer on Reddit), to make a 3D printable model based off that single tiny image we got in 1st edition.

I got an image of the 3D model today, before the final formatting for 3D printing. I'm planning on sharing the final file with y'all, so I thought I ask for feedback. After seeing things like MATRAKA14's gun post, I def trust the Ariadna players on the forum to to notice details I might not.

RM 100.png

So, thoughts? I plan on sharing it all with the artist and eventually posting the final file on Thingiverse.

EDIT 1: New prototype with revisions.
    EDIT 2: What will probably be the last revision.
    EDIT 3: Final stl file available for free on Thingiverse.
    RM 100 final.jpg

#1 Teleute, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  2. Panzerschwein

Panzerschwein Well-Known Member

Ähm.... really? With this Look? Have you seen the ...Blue Wolf? Robotic Dogwarrior!.... Its like faceslap on Ariadnaplayer. ^^

#2 Panzerschwein, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  3. Panzerschwein

I think (hope) Team Polaris is our ..."Biotag". ...something like that. There comes the Tagyear '21 and I start to don't like Tags. Like Gundam. Not mine. ^^

...need a Anti-Tag-List. ;)

4. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

Oh, it is in no way a replacement for or even on the level of any contemporary TAG in the slightest. The RM-100 became outdated the moment Dawn came back in contact with rest of the human sphere. Plus, it's S8. So it's more like the B-52 Stratofortress and the KC-135 Stratotanker, two big aircraft from the 50s that are still in active service in the US military for certain purposes. I'm planning on using the model primarily as terrain for an Ariadna Exclusion Zone forward base table since I'd bet they are kept around for war crimes defense against antipodes tribes.

Opposite direction for me. I'm always down for more mecha, so I'll prob pick up a Blue Wolf and swap in some 3D printed Ariadna weapons to have a proxy for the Bearpode. This is assuming the base sizes match.

#4 Teleute, Sep 1, 2020
    Willen likes this.
  5. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

I was really wanting something i could at least put on the table for an Ariadnan TAG. (Even if just as scenery) Then I found the perfect thing. That seemed very in the spirit of the RM100 which looks quite reminiscent of the original Metal Gear, and the nice 3D Teleute did up.

20190507_163120.jpg

Cabaray, jherazob, Bellyflop and 3 others like this.
  6. Panzerschwein

Hehe, sorry that is not better. :)

...with highheels. *laugh*

Hiereth likes this.
  7. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

Oh man, what kit is that? I didn't know there were MGS models. Dangerous to my wallet since I thought I was done with gunpla. And, yeah, mos def fits the same Ariadnan aesthetic as the RM-100.

#7 Teleute, Sep 1, 2020
  8. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

It jumped out at me at animerevo. Cause I had no idea they made MGS models like that either.
    Definitely give the kit a big recommend. Needed very little glue to assemble.

Teleute likes this.
  9. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

We all know how it goes:

Eh, gunpla's not dangerous, sure the models are neat but I don't care for the universe, way worse than [insert favorite franchise] *sees Bandai models from favorite franchise*

And thanks for making the meme TAG a reality. Sure it might not fit Ariadna, but if I have a 3D printer on hand I might make one as a security bot for fluffy games.

jherazob and Teleute like this.
  10. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Miniature Underground has a range of large scale kits like this. I'd love something like the middle top row walker to be our "TAG".

[​IMG]

11. LeGweg

LeGweg Lucky dice roller

Thanks making this illustration come true.

The question is: which profile shall have the RM-100 ?
    It needs the transmutation state like Ratnik.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation