1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Branching into Vanilla

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Wes, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Wes

Wes New Member

Hey all, with TAK coming out, I've decided to branch out to both TAK as well as dabbling in Vanilla.

TAK should be simple, but I was hoping for some buying advice for Vanilla. I currently own the full line for USAriadna, to include the all the non-sectorial support (112, Dozer, etc.).

Where should I start buying to not only fill out TAK (I'm splitting a Coldfront box and the beyond box), but also have a workable Vanilla force?

2. Jandrus

Jandrus We're naught but humble pirates!

Focusing on both, TAK and vanilla I would say that the buying order is: Spetsnaz, veteran, tankuhunters, dog warriors, antipodes and scouts. Of course this is asumming you will pick up all the incoming boxes and without knowing the performance of the incoming units.
    Out of TAK: Chasseur x2, Uxia Cover Action and SAS CRAP.

Wes likes this.
  3. StuporMundi75

StuporMundi75 Member

@Jandrus SAS CRAP? Is it Chain Rifle Assault Pistol you are referring to?

4. infy

infy New Member

Just a single SAS model or more? For proxy, would there be issues using a devil dog antipode and Domovoi to represent a dog warrior?

5. Wes

Wes New Member

I, too, am confused on CRAP lol.

Has it been confirmed some of the older sculpts will be re-sculpted? Like the Dog Warriors and Antipode pack? Or should I go ahead and start looking for old sculpt? I assume they'll be used frequently with the increased AVA in TAK?

6. Jandrus

Jandrus We're naught but humble pirates!

@StuporMundi75 .- Yeah, I mean Chain rifle assault pistol.
    @infy .- Normaly I only put one, but I know people that didn't left his hom without 2. And If you are going to proxy, use de devil dog, not the K-9, remember that they start as "human" and then "grow".
    @Wes .- They already resculpted almost all the models but lines, and they are coming in new box. Maybe the old scouts, that still are awesome.

infy and Wes like this.
  7. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

2 HMG Spetsnaz is mandatory. I use the official one and the SpetsOps blister wit HMG. Close second is doubling on Chasseurs. I use the official one and another SpetsOps blister with rifle. I use different colours and different heads to avoid confusion.
    Everything else depends highly on your taste abd the mission played.

8. Randomcallsign

Randomcallsign Well-Known Member

I'd recommend the chasseur as well. Not only for functionality but that new sculpt is just amazing IMO. Uxia is another good buy because if you don't want to use her in vanilla she makes a great replacement for that unfortunately posed foxtrot with a BSG. One other suggestion would be the two pack of caledonian volunteers. I threw the chain rifle from the spec ops blister on the rifle one and now have the two requisite 6 point order monkeys for my vanilla lists pretty cheaply.

*I suppose that would make the spec ops unit another good buy then. The weapon pack gives you a lot of versatility for proxying and conversions*

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation