1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boomerang and it's Switch

Discussion in 'Legendary Bahadurs' started by kvasec, Jan 11, 2019.

1. kvasec

kvasec New Member

Hello Aristeia! community.
    I have a question about Koorie Queen and Boomerang atack action.

What happened if i declare switch, and after resolwing boomerang attack initial target "dead"?

Sor for my bad english, it is'nt my native language.

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

3. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

We're deliberating because the Switch is activated during Switches Step ─when symbols are exchanged─, and at that moment, the Target is 'alive'. Though the Effects say "After the Resolution..."

:thinking_face:

kvasec likes this.
  4. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Personally, I think the bounce would fail to trigger.
    Imagine this scenario as a counterpoint, Koorie Boomerangs 8-Ball, and he survives, but displaces himself. The center of the Boomerang switch range would still be 8-Ball, no matter if he displaced himself 8 times; and not the place where he stood during the attack.
    If he were to disappear instead of displacing himself, there's no place where to center the Boomerang switch range.

5. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

If 8-Ball displaces himself away from Range before you activate Boomerang's Switch then you cannot Bounce. If you activate first, then you could Bounce. Think that the Target you are selecting is not 8-Ball (in this case) but a new one taking within Range from 8-Ball's Space the moment you are activating your Switch.

krotos, der_narr and zlavin like this.
  6. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Going out of Bounce range is besides the point I was trying to make, but a very interesting scenario nonetheless since it clears up that the new target for Bounce must be:
    1. Within the Bounce action range.
    2. Within :SL:1-3 range of the Boomerang target.
    Anyway, my point was that, since choosing a new target for Bounce comes After the resolution of the attack (as in, step 2 of the Action sequence for Bounce). If the previous defender is no longer in the hexadome, then Koorie can't stablish the new requirement, hence the failure of triggering the ability.

This is, of course, assuming you are resolving the text of the switch After the resolution of the attack, adding the new requirement to the action Bounce; and not choosing a target during the switch itself. But given the example you just gave, that seems to be the case. This way, it's clear to me that it doesn't matter whether the Boomerang's target is dead or alive, the new target was already chosen.

Notice that I was assuming that everything that comes after the words "After the resolution" of the switch is chosen "After the resolution", since the language used isn't something more immediate like "Choose a target within :SL:1-3 of this attack's target. After the resolution, perform a free Bounce on that target once".

Anyway, it seems the issue was resolved and my assumption was wrong, so I can hardly argue against it.

#6 treiral, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    der_narr likes this.
  7. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

We're reviewing it asap to give an ultimate answer. Thanks for your point of view!

:wink:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation