1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blast Template in Face To Face with Friendly Model

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by artimage, May 29, 2018.

1. artimage

artimage Being of Pure Awesome
    Warcor

So had this question come up from one of my local players, and I couldn't find any answer on it through any of my searches, so here's hoping I can find the correct answer here. Player A is being fired up by Player B. Player B fires back with a rocket launcher in Blast mode, wanting to hit the rest of the fire team. Player B wins the face to face roll, then discovers his own trooper nearby is under the blast template.
    How is this resolved? I said, for the interest of time after not finding the answer, that the attack would need to be cancelled as you are not allowed to hurt your own troops(exceptions being clear with things like firing in to a close combat). Can someone inform me if this is correct, and point me to where to find that info?

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

You played it correctly. When you declare the ARO you place the template, and if any friendly models are in the blast, the shot is canceled.

Rule for friendly troopers:
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Templ...ate_weapons_and_friendly_and_Neutral_troopers
    It is not allowed to declare Attacks against friendly or Neutral troopers. So, if the player declares an Attack with a Template weapon that affects a friendly or Neutral trooper, then that shot is considered null (But not any other shot of the same Burst with no Civilian or Neutral troopers affected by a Template). All those troops who were affected by the nullified shot can still declare ARO.

Example of a shot being canceled:
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Templ...rdrop_Impact_Template_example._Nullified_shot.
    Let's suppose, in the same case as above, the three Fusiliers are more separated, so the Hellcat decides to split his B amongst them. When placing the Teardrop Template of the first shot against the Fusilier 1, he checks the Fusilier 3 is inside the Area of Effect of the Template. However, when placing the Template of the second shot of his B, checks there is an Alguacil inside the Area of Effect of the Template. Since the Alguacil is a friendly trooper, the second shot is nullified. But the Fusilier still has the right to react with an ARO so he declares a BS Attack. This Fusilier will perform a BS Normal Roll against the Hellcat.

Keyrott, xagroth, Wolf and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You're doing things slightly wrong and playing partly by N2 rules. Place the template on declaration. The attack would get cancelled before rolls are made.

xagroth, Xeurian, daboarder and 3 others like this.
  4. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

I think you got your answer on the WGC FB group already, but for the sake of onlookers:
    The template is placed on declaration, so it would be known immediately that a friendly was under the template, thus causing this declaration to revert to an Idle.

Hecaton likes this.
  5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

In this case, yes, but the example in the book does include splitting your fire and only having some of the shots canceled.

6. artimage

artimage Being of Pure Awesome
    Warcor

I did, yes, thank you. Was on my way back here.
    THEY'RE doing things by those rules. I was only asked. I'm not even present, ATM. *LOL*

Thanks, everyone.

7. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Right. A split burst could potentially only have part of it cancelled.

xagroth and chromedog like this.
  8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Well, you know, the vagueness that occurs when the language is using plural form for second person singular and second person plural.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation