1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biotechvore showdown

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by zagdag, Apr 14, 2018.

1. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

Playing in a Limited insertion Biotechvore showdown soon, so essentially trying to play the best game possible in a difficult senario. I'm still new to Tohaa but I feel like I am pretty close to a good list. Picking brains here for the last bit.

This is what I am going with:

[​IMG] Tohaa──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]10 [​IMG]2[​IMG] ARMAND (Multispectral Visor L1) MULTI Sniper, Nanopulser / 2 Breaker Pistols, Shock CC Weapon, Knife. (1.5 | 45)[​IMG] KAELTAR Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioBombs / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)[​IMG] KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)[​IMG] SUKEUL (Forward Observer) K1 Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)[​IMG] RASAIL Spitfire + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 39) [​IMG] [​IMG] CHAKSA PERIPHERAL Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (- | 4)[​IMG] RASAIL Viral Combi Rifle + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39) [​IMG] [​IMG] CHAKSA PERIPHERAL Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (- | 4)[​IMG] MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)[​IMG] MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)[​IMG] GAO-RAEL Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 33)[​IMG] NEEMA Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Breaker Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (+1 | 46) 5.5 SWC | 296 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

So what i am considering is: replacing Le muet with an HMG ectros, or Spitfire Neema and Viral Ectros.

Le Muet is in there for the chance of beimg outside the deployment zone and providing some ARO potential.

Ectros HMG would allow me to denyed flank against a spread out opponent and possibly win firefights at longer ranges laterally along the board.

Neema Spitfire and Ectros Viral would be all about maximizing wounds and F2F rolls in the 8-24 range.

Anyone have thoughts on these? Or different suggestions?

2. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

I love SymbioBombs on aggressive triads, who're you thinking of putting them on?

3. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

And, I would consider spitfire Neema and the vulkan shotgun Ectros, to give better coverage for one such aggressive triad...

4. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

Bombs will depend on a few things, like enemy deployment and turn order, but neema usually gets one because of the high WIP and LT order letting me unexpectedly move out, use bombs, then command token reform. One of the Rasail teams has been getting the other one. I figure I could use it there to white noise visors or heal, but mostly in practice I have been using them for Eraser to blunt the higher value models common in the Limites Insertion format.

I'll have to comsider the Vulcan ectros, neeema spitfire option. I believe that would give me enough points to roll a Makul into a Kerail to have another sacrificial g:sync and normal smoke for the Gao Rael.

5. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

I used for that mission gao-rael sniper, sukeul missile launcher with a sakiel as a defensive triad never moved them out of my DZ they died in the last round till when they shot at everything that moved and gave orders the enemy didn't enjoy it ;)

6. Zandramaas

Zandramaas Member

I would suggest that you may not want the two rasail boarding teams because moving both is going to be order intensive as you cannot coordinate them. I would suggest taking either three triads and a single model (I would recommend the rasail lieutenant) or taking two triads and four single models, but no g sync.

This will maximise your efficiency in getting out of the Biotechvore zone, either by moving three triads, and the lt order for the rasail or moving two triads and using a coordinated order for the remaining four.

I think the ectros are a good choice though, being so durable and sukeul are as good as always.

So maybe something like: (possibly swapping the Spitfire gao rael to a 3rd forwards observer sukeul, depending on your preference).

[​IMG] Tohaa──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] RASAIL Lieutenant Viral Combi Rifle + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39) [​IMG] [​IMG] CHAKSA PERIPHERAL Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] SUKEUL (Forward Observer) K1 Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] NEEMA Breaker Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 41)
    [​IMG] MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] SUKEUL (Forward Observer) K1 Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] ECTROS HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (2 | 45)
    [​IMG] MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] GAO-RAEL Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 33)
    [​IMG] GAO-RAEL Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 31)
    [​IMG] KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21) 5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

There is more of a focus on shorter ranged weaponry, as you will be likely to fight things out in the middle.

Magonus likes this.
  7. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

Two Rasails work great, but as @Zandramaas said, you cannot coordinate them. This isn't such a big deal in a 10-order list, as you won't be susceptible to the -2 Order strategic use of Command Tokens; however, the larger problem is the fact that you have 8 triad models.

Ectros are indeed very good for Biotehvore, especially the two close-range versions. The HMG Ectros is a wise choice for the reasons you gave. You may like this list:

[​IMG] Tohaa
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] NEEMA Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Breaker Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (+1 | 46)
    [​IMG] ECTROS Viral Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 43)
    [​IMG] KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] KAELTAR Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioBombs / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] RASAIL Spitfire + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 39)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CHAKSA PERIPHERAL Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (- | 4)
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Alternatively, this way―though odd, for not making Neema Saatar your Lieutenant―allows you to include a Nullifier or Nimbus Plus Grenades, as well as to throw a nickel in the Lieutenant-hunting game.

[​IMG] Tohaa
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] NEEMA Breaker Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 41)
    [​IMG] ECTROS Lieutenant Viral Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 43)
    [​IMG] KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] KAELTAR Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioBombs / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] SAKIEL Combi Rifle, Nimbus Plus Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] RASAIL Spitfire + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 39)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CHAKSA PERIPHERAL Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (- | 4)
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Nimbus Plus will be valuable in Biotechvore, since you are 99% likely to run into enemy fireteams who also fear the Biotech plague. If you haven't already looked at the math, shooting at an enemy fireteam through Nimbus Plus with your HMG Ectros―even though you are at a -6 penalty―is better odds than a straight firefight with the enemy fireteam at Burst 2. And don't forget your Ectros have Nanopulsers.

Finally, don't try to kill an enemy TAG with your HMGs or Spitfires. Your Viral CCws, and Viral, Breaker, K1 Combis, are the right choices for that job.

One big thing to know about Biotechvore: turns 2 and 3 don't matter. Take your time on turn 1, because on turns 2 and 3 play extremely quickly, due to how many things are either unconscious or close-quarters. The victor of a game of Biotechvore is usually decided on turn 1.

#7 Magonus, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Abrilete likes this.
  8. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

Thanks for the replies everyone! I have had a chance to test a few of those lists. I definetly agree that most of the game is decided by turn 1. Here is one of the two lists I will be running. It has all the guns; armand, who is a great ARO option in this senario and has Advance Deploy to potentially save an order; makuls for CQB, and lots of resilence.
    [​IMG] Guns Guns Guns biotech──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]10 [​IMG]2[​IMG] MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)[​IMG] MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)[​IMG] KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)[​IMG] KAELTAR Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioBombs / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)[​IMG] GAO-RAEL Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 33)[​IMG] SUKEUL Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 36)[​IMG] SUKEUL (Forward Observer) K1 Combi Rifle, Nullifier / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 33)[​IMG] ECTROS HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (2 | 45)[​IMG] NEEMA Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Breaker Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (+1 | 46)[​IMG] ARMAND (Multispectral Visor L1) MULTI Sniper, Nanopulser / 2 Breaker Pistols, Shock CC Weapon, Knife. (1.5 | 45) 7 SWC | 300 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation